The licensed practical nurse (LPN):
• Provides nursing care to assigned patients under the direct supervision of the registered nurse (RN) or other assigned supervisor and accepts delegation from the RN/assigned supervisor in meeting the needs of the patient/family.
• Collects data through observation and communicates information to assist the RN and/or provider in patient assessment and care planning.
• Participates as a member of the health care team and accepts delegation from the RN/assigned supervisor and provider in meeting needs of the patient/family.
• Delivers care in accordance with the patient care plan, policies and procedures of the organization and principles of relationship-based care.
• Possesses excellent communication skills; is skillful in mentoring and teaching; and participates on committees or projects.
- Graduate of a school of practical nursing
- If graduation did not occur within the last two years, one year of LPN experience working in an applicable setting is required.
- Experience working in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Computer skills required
- Ability to work flexible hours, which may include days, evenings, nights, holidays, weekends and on-call
- Ability to adapt to unpredictable situations within the work environment
OBGYN clinic experience preferred
Prior experience with electronic medical record systems preferred.
One year LPN experience within the last five years preferred.
License or certification
Current MN LPN license required.
Maintains current Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers from one of the following programs:
1. American Heart Association
2. American Red Cross
Additional specialty certification/training as required by the work area.
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended.
M-F day shift
Not applicable at this time
Red Wing Minnesota, which is nestled among the bluffs, also known as the Banner County of Minnesota, is less than an hour from the St. Paul/Minneapolis metro area. Red Wing is known for its beautiful scenery and extraordinary history. The city’s more than 16,000 residents enjoy a vibrant mix of healthy living activities all year round! If it’s cultural and performing arts you enjoy, you’ll relish in the best local, regional and national arts and entertainment! This city is truly symbolic of “Minnesota Nice!”
Licensed Practical Nursing
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
Mayo Clinic is an equal opportunity educator and employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).