The licensed practical nurse (LPN) or Medical Assistant (MA):
• Provides nursing care to assigned patients under the direct supervision of the registered nurse (RN) or other assigned supervisor and accepts delegation from the RN/assigned supervisor in meeting the needs of the patient/family.
• Collects data through observation and communicates information to assist the RN and/or provider in patient assessment and care planning.
• Participates as a member of the health care team and accepts delegation from the RN/assigned supervisor and provider in meeting needs of the patient/family.
• Delivers care in accordance with the patient care plan, policies and procedures of the organization and principles of relationship-based care.
• Possesses excellent communication skills; is skillful in mentoring and teaching; and participates on committees or projects.
•Graduate of an accredited school of practical nursing or graduate of a medical assistant program
•If a Medical Assistant, a High School Diploma/GED is also required
•If graduation did not occur within the last two years, one year of LPN or MA experience working in an applicable setting is required.
•Experience working in a team environment
•Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
•Computer skills required
•Ability to work flexible hours, which may include days, evenings, nights, holidays, weekends, and on-call
•Ability to adapt to unpredictable situations within the work
Prior experience with electronic medical record systems preferred.
One year LPN/MA experience within the last five years preferred.
License or certification
•Current LPN license by applicable state requirements or
•Current Medical Assistant certification or registration. In the event of no certification or registration and ineligibility to become certified or registered, an ABR-OE or equivalent is required.
•Maintains BLS (Basic Life Support) for Health Care Providers from one of the following programs:
1. American Heart Association
2. American Red Cross
•Additional specialty certification/training as required by the work area.
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. The minimum rate of pay is $17.35.
Various shifts. Will be required to cover evenings and weekends. More schedule details will be provided at time of interview.
This position will be required to cross cover to other sites in the River Corridor (Cannon Falls, Lake City, Zumbrota, Plainview, and Ellsworth) as needed.
See schedule details
Red Wing Minnesota, which is nestled among the bluffs, also known as the Banner County of Minnesota, is less than an hour from the St. Paul/Minneapolis metro area. Red Wing is known for its beautiful scenery and extraordinary history. The city’s more than 16,000 residents enjoy a vibrant mix of healthy living activities all year round! If it’s cultural and performing arts you enjoy, you’ll relish in the best local, regional and national arts and entertainment! This city is truly symbolic of “Minnesota Nice!”
Licensed Practical Nursing
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
Mayo Clinic is an equal opportunity educator and employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).