Why Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is the nation's best hospital (U.S. News & World Report, 2020-2021) and ranked #1 in more specialties than any other care provider. We have a vast array of opportunities ranging from Nursing, Clinical, to Finance, IT, Administrative, Research and Support Services to name a few. Across all locations, you’ll find career opportunities that support diversity, equity and inclusion. At Mayo Clinic, we invest in you with opportunities for growth and development and our benefits and compensation package are highly competitive. We invite you to be a part of our team where you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect, and most importantly, a life-changing career!
Mayo Clinic offers a variety of employee benefits. For additional information please visit Mayo Clinic Benefits. Eligibility may vary.
The licensed practical nurse (LPN) or Medical Assistant (MA):
• Provides nursing care to assigned patients under the direct supervision of the registered nurse (RN) or other assigned supervisor and accepts delegation from the RN/assigned supervisor in meeting the needs of the patient/family.
• Collects data through observation and communicates information to assist the RN and/or provider in patient assessment and care planning.
• Participates as a member of the health care team and accepts delegation from the RN/assigned supervisor and provider in meeting needs of the patient/family.
• Delivers care in accordance with the patient care plan, policies and procedures of the organization and principles of relationship-based care.
• Possesses excellent communication skills; is skillful in mentoring and teaching; and participates on committees or projects.
•Graduate of an accredited school of practical nursing or graduate of a medical assistant program
•If a Medical Assistant, a High School Diploma/GED is also required
•If graduation did not occur within the last two years, one year of LPN or MA experience working in an applicable setting is required.
License or certification
If a Practical Nurse, a current MN LPN license is required.
If a Medical Assistant, certification is preferred but not required.
Maintains BLS (Basic Life Support) for Health Care Providers from one of the following programs:
1. American Heart Association
2. American Red Cross
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended.
Monday through Friday, Day Shift
This position may work in Faribault as needed
Will provide support for other Medical Specialty units as needed
No weekend or holidays at this time
Owatonna, Minnesota a thriving community of over 25,000 people, boasting one of the strongest economies in Minnesota. Located just 38 miles west of Rochester, MN and 60 miles south of Minneapolis/St. Paul, Owatonna is home to more than 40 industrial business firms as well as the headquarters for Federated Insurance. Minnesota State University, Mankato is located 40 miles west in Mankato as well as renowned private colleges, St. Olaf and Carlton located in Northfield, 35 miles north of Owatonna. Kaplan's Woods Parkway offers 225 acres for hiking, biking, jogging, picnicking and cross-country skiing. Excellent golfing is available at public and private courses, several of which are staffed by full-time golf instructors. For the tennis enthusiast, both outdoor and indoor facilities provide opportunities for year-round participation. Because many residents love music and the arts, the Owatonna Arts Center displays the work of many local and national artists.
Licensed Practical Nursing
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
Mayo Clinic is an equal opportunity educator and employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).