CNA - Assists patient care unit staff with delegated tasks of direct and indirect patient care, which support nursing practice under the direct supervision of a registered nurse. Carries out designated activities that are within those functions limited by law to unlicensed nursing personnel.
HUC - The Health Unit Coordinator (HUC):
- Provides organizational, receptionist, and clerical support to patient care units and the health care team. These duties include monitoring and ordering supplies, and may also include transcribing orders to patient electronic medical record and other communication devices.
- Communicates effectively via a variety of modalities with patients, visitors, and facility staff and plays an integral role in communication across the continuum of care.
- Functions as a resource to members of the health care team and is familiar with multiple Mayo Clinic resources.
- Compliments the patient care delivery model.
- Carries out all aspects of the job using good judgment and problem-solving skills, strong interpersonal skills, and assumes responsibility for self-development within the role and participates in continuous improvement activities.
- Supports the healthcare team by anticipating and responding to team requests and patient needs.
18 years old and completion of 12 college credits
High school Diploma/GED with successful completion of a Nursing Assistant training or equivalent.
Basic knowledge of computer systems and strong keyboarding skills (i.e., Windows-based applications, LAN use, and intranet/internet use) required.
Able to adapt to unpredictable situations within the patient care setting.
Successful completion of college, HUC vocational program, or HUC Certification preferred.
Minimum of one year working experience in a medical environment preferred.
Knowledge of basic medical terminology preferred.
Preferred proficiency of computer skills.
Working knowledge with EHR systems, EPIC preferred.
Outstanding customer service, interpersonal and organizational skills.
Adapts effectively to unpredictable situations within the patient care setting.
Availability to work flexible hours including days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
License or certification
Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers from one of the following programs:
1. American Heart Association
2. American Red Cross
If a candidate does not currently have their Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers from one of the accepted programs listed above, certification will be included as part of the orientation program.
Minimum rate is $15.06 based upon union contract.
Hours / Pay period
Supplemental/ On Call
Various Hours but Primarily 12 hour Rotating Shifts - Days/Nights
Austin, MN is a community of 22,000, and is surrounded by prairies, rivers and valleys just 90 minutes south of Minneapolis/St. Paul and 45 minutes west of Rochester. Excellent public and parochial education system, including programming for students with special needs and gifted students. Great recreation options including trout fishing, hunting, cross-country skiing, camping, hiking, cycling, indoor/outdoor tennis, canoeing and golfing. Upscale community offering many amenities not often found in communities this size. Hormel Foods, a multi-nation food manufacturer and marketer, has its corporate headquarters in Austin.
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.