Why Mayo Clinic
|Our multi-disciplinary group practice focuses on providing high quality, compassionate medical care. When you join the largest integrated, not-for-profit medical group practice in the world, you'll work alongside approximately 3,800 physicians/scientists and 1,600 Nurse Practitioners/Physician Assistants across all locations in a unique environment that brings together the best in patient care, groundbreaking research and innovative medical education.|
NP/PA will work collaboratively with Radiologists and interact with referring physicians, nurses, and other allied health staff to provide all aspects of high-quality patient care in the dynamic Ultrasound and Ablation/CT Intervention practices within the Department of Radiology that includes hospital inpatient, hospital outpatient, and clinic settings on the St Mary’s and Methodist campuses. NP/PA will be mentored closely by a few Consultants but will provide support to the US Division and Abdominal Division (that includes Ablation/CT Intervention) at large. Practice is currently supported by 1 Physician Assistant, and responsibilities will be shared.
NP/PA will clinically manage the Body Intervention patients during the day:
NP/PA will help streamline the procedural process, including activities such as:
- Collaborating with RNs, technologists, schedulers, and MDs within a team of NPs/PAs
- Ensuring appropriate pre-procedural patient preparation
- Placing post-procedural orders, including future procedures, tests, consultations and/or subsequent visits
- Coordinating appropriate discharge follow-up
- Prescribing home-going medications, as appropriate
- Admitting patients to the appropriate inpatient service post-procedure, as needed
- Rounding daily on admitted inpatients
- Dictating daily progress notes
NP/PA will work in an independent and/or cooperative Outpatient Clinic:
- Updating history and physical exams
- Obtaining informed consent
- Confirming pre-procedural patient preparation, including anti-coagulation and laboratory issues
- Caring for patients with acute issues in Pre- and Post-Procedural areas
- Discharging outpatients after procedures and ensuring appropriate follow up
Future growth opportunities are likely and could include public presentations, scholarly research and writing, and potentially simple procedures.
- Pre-procedure consultation and evaluation, including in-person and virtual visits
- Determining appropriateness of procedure
- Pre-procedure orders, H&P, consents
- Assist in the coordination of scheduling procedures
Masters prepared graduate of an accredited school of nursing and nurse practitioner program. Current Minnesota RN and APRN license and certified as an FNP, ANP or ACNP; or
Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program with current PA certification by the NCCPA and registration as a PA by the Minnesota State Board of Medical Practice.
Must be eligible for DEA registration.
Strong written and oral communication skills are required and must have demonstrated skill in working collaboratively with all members of the healthcare team.
External applicants: to be considered for this position please submit 2 letters of reference to online application.
Mayo Clinic employees: to be considered for this position please upload 3 most recent performance evaluations to online application.
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended.
Varying 10-hour shifts between 0630-1900 Monday through Friday, coordinated with other members of NP/PA team.
No weekends, holidays, or call.
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.
Nurse Practitioner & Physician Assistant
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.