Why Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic in Arizona has an exciting full-time opportunity for either a Nurse Practitioner or a Physician Assistant to join our Primary Care team. Our multi-disciplinary group practice focuses on providing high quality, compassionate medical care.
- This individual works independently and in collaboration with physicians and other health care professionals to provide health care across the continuum of care for assigned patients.
- Provides primary health and specialty specific care to individuals and families, emphasizing health promotion and disease prevention.
- The provision of care includes, but is not limited to: comprehensive assessment, ordering, conducting and interpreting diagnostic tests, prescription of pharmacological agents and treatments, and non-pharmacological therapies.
- Teaching and counseling individuals, families, and groups are an important part of the practice.
- This individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span.
- The ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and appropriately interpret information relative to the patient's age-specific needs is required.
- Demonstrates leadership through involvement on committees and team projects, education, and research and actively seeks to improve the practice of nursing through performance improvement initiatives.
- Active in professional organizations and participates in community activities.
Level II Requirements:
- Perform specialized procedure(s)
- Take call assignments
- Provide Weekend/Holiday Service
- Provides evaluations and consults with indirect supervision at least 50% of days worked.
- Nurse Practitioner: Must be an Family Practice Nurse Practitioner and a graduate of an accredited university. Master of Science in Nursing required. Must be licensed or eligible to practice as an ACNP in the State of Arizona. Must have national certification.
- Physician Assistant: Must be a graduate of an accredited university. NCCPA certification required. Must be licensed/certified or eligible to practice as PA in the State of Arizona
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Flexibility to adjust schedule to meet patient and staff needs.
- Ability to manage time and stress effectively and adapt to unpredictable situations within the patient care setting.
- Two to five years of clinical experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills in an Electronic Medical Record preferred.
- Must attest to ability to care for adolescent patients.
License or certification
- Current RN license, Advanced Practice Certificate, and Prescribing and Dispensing Certificate in Arizona.
- Certification as nurse practitioner by an approved certifying organization.
- BLS, ACLS and PALS credential is required upon hire and must be valid for 90 days or greater from start date.
- Maintains BLS/ACLS competency.
- Must provide evidence of application for DEA certificate upon hire, obtain DEA certificate within 90 days of hire, and maintain certificate thereafter unless waived by department/division.
- Maintains specialty certification as required for specific areas.
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended.
Over the next four years, Mayo Clinic is making significant investments in both the physical and technological future of health care, through doubling the size of the Mayo Clinic campus in Phoenix, inclusive of practice, education, and research activities. Mayo Clinic's campuses in Arizona are located in Phoenix and Scottsdale, in the beautiful Sonoran Desert. The region is known as the Valley of the Sun, a metropolitan area with more than 4 million residents in 25 cities and towns.
With Phoenix being the sixth largest city in the nation, this sunny "desert metropolis" offers the amenities of a big city in the midst of a strikingly beautiful, rugged, southwest landscape.
Scottsdale frequently earns praise as a highly desirable place to live. The city's more than 200,000 residents enjoy a vibrant mix of culinary hot spots, arts and entertainment, professional and collegiate sports teams, and community resources. The region's desert climate promotes an outdoor lifestyle with a full complement of sports and recreation.
Advanced Practitioner/Provider, Nursing
Nurse Practitioner & Physician Assistant
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.