Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Why Mayo Clinic
Do you envision a world where quality, patient-centered health care is as close as your home? A future where top-notch, monitored care is delivered seamlessly without the boundaries of physical location, access or acuity? Well so does Mayo Clinic, and advances in clinical and consumer technology are making that vision a reality.
Mayo Clinic Health System in Eau Claire is leading the way in delivering care outside of the boundaries of a traditional hospital. Virtual care offerings will leverage technology to serve high-acuity patients in with new options for recovering at home.
The offering is based on three new and expanded capabilities:
- A physician-led 24/7 virtual monitoring center
- On-demand acute medical care management, and
- Rapid-response teams to deliver supplies and services
We believe that these capabilities, along with Mayo Clinic’s nationally recognized clinical care, will allow patients to transition from the hospital to home faster than ever before, while ensuring quality and safety along the way.
It’s an exciting time of growth and we invite you to be part of A life Changing Career.
As a critical member of a multidisciplinary team, you’ll use your well-developed skills as a Therapist to assess acute care patients, develop a rehabilitation plan, and deliver evidence-based therapies to patients in their homes as well as the Eau Claire hospital.
Successful completion of Registry Examination post graduation from accredited school. Ability to read and communicate effectively in English. Strong written and verbal skills. Basic computer knowledge. Knowledge of physical medicine, occupational therapy modalities, anatomy and physiology. Knowledge of physical and occupational therapy machine operation, maintenance and repairs of same. Decision-making and problem solving. Team building skills.
1 year of experience in the rehabilitation setting is required.
License or certification
Licensed or eligible for Occupational Therapy license in the state of Wisconsin. Current BLS certification. Drivers License and an acceptable driving record required.
- A driving record will be considered unacceptable if it reports any of the following:
- Any combination of motor vehicle accidents and moving violations that total four or more incidents within the last 36 months.
- One or more of the following citations or convictions within the last 5 years:
- Driving while intoxicated
- Driving under influence of drugs
- Operating a motor vehicle during a period of license suspension or revocation
- Reckless driving
- Any other violation that indicates inability to drive safely
- Driving restrictions that would conflict with job duties (e.g., restricted driving hours).
- A driving citations or convictions considered more serious than the above (e.g., causing bodily harm/felony level).
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. The minimum salary every 2 weeks is approx $2214.40, based on a full-time position.
Days; Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
1 weekend every 4 weeks; Saturday and Sunday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Eau Claire, with a metro area of 163,000 is home to the 11,000 students at the University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire. Strong schools, low crime rate, and a reasonable cost of living may be expected. With an abundance of outdoor activities, The city also serves as the retail center for west central Wisconsin and the major metro area of Minneapolis/St. Paul is 90 minutes away. Mayo Clinic Health System in Eau Claire is recognized as a Best Hospital in Northwestern Wisconsin and within the top 10 for Hospitals in Wisconsin (U.S. News & World Report, 2019-2020).
Other Patient Care
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
Mayo Clinic is an equal opportunity educator and employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).