Location: Surgical Services – Saint Marys Campus
The patient care assistant assists patient care unit staff with delegated tasks of direct and indirect patient care, which support nursing practice under the direct supervision of a registered nurse. The patient care assistant carries out designated activities that are within those functions limited by law to unlicensed nursing personnel.
Must meet one of the following four qualifications:
- Successful completion within the last five years of the Acute Care component of the Nursing Assistant Program taught at Rochester Community and Technical College (RCTC) or various other colleges. Transcripts must be attached to be considered.
- If enrolled in a nursing degree program and have completed one semester of clinical rotations through an acute care hospital setting within the last five years. Transcripts must be attached to be considered.
- One year or more within the last five years providing direct care as a nursing assistant, patient care assistant, or related experience in a healthcare setting.
- Successful completion of a Certified Nursing Assistant training program, or equivalent, within the past 5 years.
Basic Cardiac Life Support for healthcare providers - BCLS - certificate of course completion required and must not expire within 3 months after start date. A scanned copy of the certificate of completion or transcripts, including your full name, must be attached to your profile to be considered.
We will only accept certificates of course completion from the following providers:
Internal applicants should submit their three most recent performance appraisals.
- American Heart Association (Title: BLS for Healthcare Providers or BLS Provider)
- Red Cross (Title: CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and Health Care Providers or BLS for Healthcare Providers)
- Military Training Network
Please answer YES to the corresponding question when you apply if you will be able to obtain the necessary license and/or certifications prior to start date.
Able to adapt to unpredictable situations within the patient care setting.
License or certification
Maintains current Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers from one of the following programs: American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
Minimum rate is $17.13 based upon union contract.
Hours / Pay period
64 hours per 2 week pay period
Monday - Friday; variation of all 8 & 12-hour shifts – NOT NEGOTIABLE
Weekend and holiday expectations (minimum of 1 per year) – NOT NEGOTIABLE
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.
Other Patient Care, Support Services, Surgical Services
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
Mayo Clinic is an equal opportunity educator and employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).