Physical Therapist - Outpatient and Acute Care



City
Waseca
State
Minnesota
Telecommute
No
Department
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Why Mayo Clinic

Mayo Clinic Health System Waseca is looking for a dynamic Physical Therapist who is passionate to work with patients in an Outpatient and Acute Care Setting. Mayo Clinic's structure allows you to practice in a setting where best practice is the standard, where there are resources for growth and education, strong teams that support each other, and opportunities to continually better your skills to deliver the best care possible to patients. We are proud of culture and strive to live up to the values of Mayo Clinic.

Also seeking candidates with an interest in manual therapy. 80% of this position is dedicated to serving out-patients of various ages and wide arrange of therapy diagnoses. The other 20% of work time involves providing evaluation and treatment to patients within a very busy Transitional Care Unit (Sub-acute care). There are opportunities to mentor high school and college students interested in Physical Therapy; specialty program development and ability to work to the highest level of your scope of practice.

Position description
As a Physical Therapist you will be considered a local expert who will work closely with patients, families, and other members of an interdisciplinary team to provide efficient and effective individualized care. You will deliver physical therapy services to include: evaluation and treatment, documentation, and consultation services in the areas of outpatient, acute care and transitional care. You will serve as an advocate and promote health, wellness, and fitness to all stakeholders. If you are just starting out your career, you will be mentored and guided by senior Physical Therapy colleagues. If you already have substantial experience, we may ask you to be an educator or mentor for therapy students, peers, and other medical professionals.
Qualifications
Graduate of an approved school of Physical Therapy. Doctorate of Physical Therapy preferred.

​​Experience in working in out-patient orthopedic and sub-acute care settings preferred.

License or certification
Current Minnesota State Physical Therapy Licensure. Current BLS certification within 3 months of hire.
Exemption status
Exempt
Compensation Detail
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended.  The minimum salary every 2 weeks is approx $2805.60, based on a full-time position.
Benefits eligible
Yes
Schedule
Full Time
Hours / Pay period
80
Schedule details
Day shift Monday-Friday; 8 hour work days
Weekend schedule
Weekend coverage is required averaging one weekend per month
Site description
Waseca is known for their comfortable and friendly atmosphere. It offers a wide range of outdoor recreation activities that can keep everyone moving and enjoying the outdoors. Waseca public schools offer an excellent early childhood, kindergarten, elementary, and secondary experience.
Category
Other Patient Care
Career profile
Rehabilitation
Job posting number
128724BR
Recruiter
Casondra Johnson
Equal opportunity employer
Mayo Clinic is an equal opportunity educator and employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).