Why Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic in Arizona is seeking a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to support the outpatient hospital-based practices on the Phoenix campus, including Neuro Oncology, Epilepsy, Stroke and others. Also includes care across the continuum for Neurology based patients, as needed.
This individual works in collaboration with physicians and other health care professionals to provide health care across the continuum of care for assigned patients. Provides primary health care to individuals and families. The provision of care includes, but is not limited to: obtaining patient history, comprehensive assessment, ordering, conducting, and interpreting diagnostic tests, prescribing pharmacological agents and treatments, and non-pharmacological therapies. Monitors the effectiveness of the therapeutic interventions. Makes appropriate referrals. Performs minor procedures as approved by the corresponding board of Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners.
This individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span. The ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and appropriately interpret information relative to the patient's age-specific needs is required. The prover demonstrates leadership through involvement on committees and team projects, education, and research and actively seeks to improve the practice through performance improvement initiatives. Active in professional organizations and participates in community activities.
Graduation from a university program approved by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner.
- Excellent verbal, written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Flexibility to adjust schedule to meet patient and staff needs.
- Ability to manage time and stress effectively and adapt to unpredictable situations within the patient care setting.
- Two to five years of clinical experience preferred.
- Primary care, acute care, and/or surgical experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills in an Electronic Medical Record preferred.
License or certification
- Must be certified by the National Commission on the Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) or as a Nurse Practitioner.
- Must have Arizona licensure as a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner under the supervision of a Mayo Clinic physician upon hire.
- Maintains prescribing and dispensing privileges in Arizona.
- Must provide evidence of application for DEA certificate upon hire, obtain DEA certificate within 90 days of hire, and maintain certificate thereafter unless waived by department/division.
- Basic Life Support certification is required upon hire and must be valid for 90 days or greater from start date. Maintains Basic Life Support (BLS) competency.
- Maintains ACLS and PALS certification as required by specific department or division.
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended.
Over the next four years, Mayo Clinic is making significant investments in both the physical and technological future of health care, through doubling the size of the Mayo Clinic campus in Phoenix, inclusive of practice, education, and research activities. Mayo Clinic's campuses in Arizona are located in Phoenix and Scottsdale, in the beautiful Sonoran Desert. The region is known as the Valley of the Sun, a metropolitan area with more than 4 million residents in 25 cities and towns.
With Phoenix being the fifth largest city in the nation, this sunny "desert metropolis" offers the amenities of a big city in the midst of a strikingly beautiful, rugged, southwest landscape.
Scottsdale frequently earns praise as a highly desirable place to live. The city's more than 200,000 residents enjoy a vibrant mix of culinary hot spots, arts and entertainment, professional and collegiate sports teams, and community resources. The region's desert climate promotes an outdoor lifestyle with a full complement of sports and recreation.
Advanced Practitioner/Provider, Nursing
Nurse Practitioner & Physician Assistant
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.