Primary Care Internal Medicine
Why Mayo Clinic
You are invited to partner with the nation’s best hospital (U.S. News & World Report 2019-2020), ranked #1 in more specialties than any other care provider. Practicing at Mayo Clinic provides a rewarding career that promotes excellence in patient-centered care. You can thrive in an environment that supports innovation and has a wealth of resources available to you – including an integrated EMR and collaboration with top specialists – to give your patients the quality of care you want to achieve.
The Internal Medicine Department at the Mayo Clinic Health System in Austin is seeking a Board Certified /Board Eligible Physician. This outpatient opportunity includes:
Ideal physician should be a team player, willing to share call, enjoys working closely with multi-specialty group members and communicates well with patients and colleagues.
- Practice team of 2 Internal Medicine physicians, 1 Nurse Practitioner and 1 Medical Assistant
- Access to collaborative curbside consults from onsite multi-specialty physicians, in addition to onsite pharmacy and social work
- 4 1/2 - 5 day work week (32 pt hours/8 hours non visit time)
- Avg 14-16 pt/day
- Good balance of new and returning patients
- Mature population with need for complex care, geriatric interest/training a plus
- Mentorship and coaching support available
- Opportunity for education and research
- Generous and comprehensive fringe benefit package
License or certification
Board Eligible or Board Certified (BE/BC) in Internal Medicine
Austin, MN is a community of 22,000, and is surrounded by prairies, rivers and valleys just 90 minutes south of Minneapolis/St. Paul and 45 minutes west of Rochester. Excellent public and parochial education system, including programming for students with special needs and gifted students. Great recreation options including trout fishing, hunting, cross-country skiing, camping, hiking, cycling, indoor/outdoor tennis, canoeing and golfing. Upscale community offering many amenities not often found in communities this size. Hormel Foods, a multi-nation food manufacturer and marketer, has its corporate headquarters in Austin.
Physicians & Scientists
Job posting number
Jennell Prentice Endrizzi
Equal opportunity employer
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.