Development / Philanthropy
The Prospect Management Analyst works to support and promote the prospect management, analytics and prospect identification initiatives of the Mayo Clinic Department of Development. The Analyst will serve as a key point person to the department, coordinating prospect management projects and trainings, and promoting team building.
Working to develop strategies and programs to build an effective pipeline of potential benefactors to the Mayo Clinic, this position will be responsible for assisting with the development of processes for ensuring that the best prospects are actively identified and managed by the fundraising team. They will also be responsible for providing reporting and analysis of data to support portfolio management and optimization.
This position will serve as a key player in the auditing and tracking of prospect records and in maintaining the data integrity of prospect information. The Prospect Management Analyst will be responsible for training fundraisers and development staff on prospect management policies and procedures for data entry as it pertains to prospect relationships, strategies, and information retrieval.
• Bachelor’s degree AND a minimum of two (2) years of related professional work experience at a nonprofit, education, or related organization required: OR,
• Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
• Demonstrated proficiency in working with relational databases and developing reports
• Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet and e-mail and demonstrated ability to quickly learn various software programs
• Must possess a keen attention to detail with the ability to think creatively.
• Must be a self-motivated, self-directed, and highly-organized individual who works well under deadlines.
• Evidence of successfully managing multiple projects with competing and/or shifting priorities while maintaining a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality is required.
• Ability to build collaborative relationships with multiple constituencies
• The incumbent must be able to work effectively in a consensus-style operation that expects and promotes teamwork. Must be comfortable with ambiguity. Belief in the mission and strong ethical conduct is essential. Knowledge of the fundraising process preferred.
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended.
M-F, day shift
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.
Administration, Business, Finance
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
Mayo Clinic is an equal opportunity educator and employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).