Health Sciences Research
A Research Fellow opportunity is available under the mentorship of Richard Sharp, Ph.D. at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, and participate in a large NIH-funded study of genomic screening. The Research Fellow will oversee research projects and participate in data collection, analysis, and publication. Areas of study include: ethical and social issues in individualized medicine, translational genomics research, and integration of new genomic technologies into patient care. A successful candidate will also have opportunities to participate in ethics teaching and service activities within the Center for Individualized Medicine.
A Research Fellow at Mayo Clinic is a temporary position intended to provide training and education in research. Individuals will train in the research program of a Mayo Clinic principal investigator. Qualified individuals will demonstrate the potential for research as evidenced by their training and peer-reviewed publications and should become competitive for national research grants. Proof of English proficiency is required for J-1 Short-Term Scholars, Research Scholars, Professors, Specialists, and Student Interns sponsored by Mayo Clinic.
Please attach the following required documents at the time of application:
1) a letter summarizing your research experience and interest in the position,
2) current curriculum vitae and bibliography
3) a brief professional writing sample, and
4) the names and contact information only for three potential referees (do not solicit reference letters until requested).
After a successful interview, you will be asked to submit:
- Three letters of recommendation, signed, on letterhead, describing:
- Relationship to the applicant.
- Past work/academic performance.
- Work qualities/personal conduct.
- Overall assessment of potential for success in research environment.
- Doctoral degree certification:
- Original or notarized copy of diploma or final transcript issued by school (English translation required).
Must have a Ph.D., M.D., or equivalent doctoral degree in a field deemed relevant by the program. Research Fellow is appropriate for individuals who have completed no more than one prior postdoctoral fellowship, at Mayo Clinic or elsewhere.
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.
Postdoc & Temporary Research
Post Doctoral Research
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.