Why Mayo Clinic
The Research shield at Mayo Clinic is committed to creating a diverse environment and recognizes that diverse research teams make better decisions, are more equipped to solve complex problems and adapt to change, and produce better outcomes. That diversity is about opening up to unconventional ideas that create better outcomes, while recognizing colleagues' unique contributions. Become part of the legacy that embraces these differences and enables us to provide the best care to patients from all over the world.
A Research Fellow position is now available in Division of Computational Biology for Psychiatric Genomics and Pharmacogenomics Program under the mentorship of Dr. Joanna Biernacka. Research will be focused on genetic data as part of studies in bipolar disorder and/or alcohol use disorders. The successful candidate will have flexibility on the percent effort dedicated to methods development versus applied studies.
Candidates will have:
A Research Fellow at Mayo Clinic is a temporary position intended to provide training and education in research. Individuals will train in the research program of a Mayo Clinic principal investigator. Qualified individuals will demonstrate the potential for research as evidenced by their training and peer-reviewed publications and should become competitive for national research grants. Proof of English proficiency is required for J-1 Short-Term Scholars, Research Scholars, Professors, Specialists, and Student Interns sponsored by Mayo Clinic. Please attach the following required documents at the time of application.
- A Ph.D. in Statistics, Biostatistics, Data Science, or closely related field now or in the near future
- An opportunity to work on statistical methods for genetic studies of complex human traits
- The experience and ability to perform a variety of statistical analyses of genetic data
- Current curriculum vitae and bibliography
- Three letters of recommendation, signed, on letterhead, describing:
- Relationship to the applicant.
- Past work/academic performance.
- Work qualities/personal conduct.
- Overall assessment of potential for success in research environment.
- Doctoral degree certification, if applicable:
- Original or notarized copy of diploma or final transcript issued by school (English translation required).
Must have a Ph.D., M.D., or equivalent doctoral degree in a field deemed relevant by the program. Research Fellow is appropriate for individuals who have completed no more than one prior postdoctoral fellowship, at Mayo Clinic or elsewhere.
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.
Postdoc & Temporary Research
Post Doctoral Research
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.