A Research Fellow appointment is available within Dr. Mostafa Fatemi's ultrasound innovation laboratory in the Department of Physiology and Biomedical Engineering at Mayo Clinic.
- Work on research projects related to novel ultrasound technologies, including linear and nonlinear elastography techniques, microvasculature imaging, and applications of machine learning in medical ultrasound.
- Work in the multidisciplinary environment of Mayo Clinic and will have close collaboration with medical specialists in order to validate novel ultrasound technologies and to support their translation to clinical settings.
A Research Fellow at Mayo Clinic is a temporary position intended to provide training and education in research. Individuals will train in the research program of a Mayo Clinic principal investigator. Qualified individuals will demonstrate the potential for research as evidenced by their training and peer-reviewed publications and should become competitive for national research grants. Proof of English proficiency is required for J-1 Short-Term Scholars, Research Scholars, Professors, Specialists, and Student Interns sponsored by Mayo Clinic.
- Having a Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Physics is preferred.
- The candidate should be familiar with medical ultrasound, in-depth knowledge of signal and image processing, and good programming skills in MATLAB and/or C/C++.
- Familiarity and prior experience with the use of Verasonics ultrasound system is a plus
- Proficient in oral and written English
- Having teamwork and communication skills