The Research Fellow will focus on Artificial Intelligence development within the Department of Radiology. Focus will be on AI applications that target Ultrasound, CT, and MR image processing. Position will be actively working to develop new AI algorithmic approaches as well as translating these analytics into clinical practice.
A Research Fellow at Mayo Clinic is a temporary position intended to provide training and education in research. Individuals will train in the research program of a Mayo Clinic principal investigator. Qualified individuals will demonstrate the potential for research as evidenced by their training and peer-reviewed publications and should become competitive for national research grants. Proof of English proficiency is required for J-1 Short-Term Scholars, Research Scholars, Professors, Specialists, and Student Interns sponsored by Mayo Clinic.
Must have a Ph.D., M.D., or equivalent doctoral degree in a field deemed relevant by the program. Research Fellow is appropriate for individuals who have completed no more than one prior postdoctoral fellowship, at Mayo Clinic or elsewhere.
A Research Fellow opportunity working in Artificial Intelligence (AI) has become available in the Department of Radiology in Rochester, Minnesota. Join the team of Radiology researchers leading this breaking technology in image processing and machine learning for successful diagnosis and treatment for patients. The successful candidate should hold a Ph.D. in Medical Physics, Engineering, Computer Science or similar field. Prior experience in machine learning and background in Engineering research is required. Candidates should have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Passion for research on deep learning for medical imaging.
- PhD in computer science, medical imaging, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering or a related discipline.
- Advanced knowledge of machine learning and deep learning (publications).
- Advanced skills in Python and Tensroflow (or Pytorch).
- Experience in working with medical imaging data.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills (working language is English).
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing novel machine learning methods for medical imaging.
- Collaborating with other research scientists, clinicians, faculty members, postdocs locally and internationally.
- Supervising students.
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.
Clinical Labs and Research, IT and Engineering, Postdoc & Temporary Research
Post Doctoral Research
Job posting number