Why Mayo Clinic
The Research shield at Mayo Clinic is committed to creating a diverse environment and recognizes that diverse research teams make better decisions, are more equipped to solve complex problems and adapt to change, and produce better outcomes. That diversity is about opening up to unconventional ideas that create better outcomes, while recognizing colleagues' unique contributions. Become part of the legacy that embraces these differences and enables us to provide the best care to patients from all over the world.
New Research Fellow opportunities working in Artificial Intelligence (AI) have become available within Dr. Matthew Callstrom's program in the Department of Radiology. Join the team of Radiology researchers leading this breaking technology in image processing and machine learning to successfully diagnosis and treat patients. Prior experience in machine learning and background in Engineering research is required.
Responsibilities will include:
- Passion for research on deep learning for medical imaging
- PhD in computer science, medical imaging, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering or a related discipline
- Advanced knowledge of machine learning and deep learning (publications)
- Advanced skills in Python and Tensroflow (or Pytorch)
- Experience in working with medical imaging data
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills (working language is English)
A Research Fellow at Mayo Clinic is a temporary position intended to provide training and education in research. Individuals will train in the research program of a Mayo Clinic principal investigator. Qualified individuals will demonstrate the potential for research as evidenced by their training and peer-reviewed publications and should become competitive for national research grants. Proof of English proficiency is required for J-1 Short-Term Scholars, Research Scholars, Professors, Specialists, and Student Interns sponsored by Mayo Clinic.
- Developing novel machine learning methods for medical imaging
- Collaborating with other research scientists, clinicians, faculty members, postdocs locally and internationally
The following is required for completeness of application:
Please also be prepared that you may be asked to provide three letters of recommendation to the hiring PI prior to an interview.
- Current curriculum vitae with bibliography
- Proof of doctoral degree (copy of diploma or final transcript with English translation, if applicable) or a letter from your university's Registrar office indicating you have fulfilled all doctoral program requirements and are eligible to graduate.
Must have a Ph.D., M.D., or equivalent doctoral degree in a field deemed relevant by the program. Research Fellow is appropriate for individuals who have completed no more than one prior postdoctoral fellowship, at Mayo Clinic or elsewhere.
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.
Postdoc & Temporary Research
Job posting number