Why Mayo Clinic
The Research shield at Mayo Clinic is committed to creating a diverse environment and recognizes that diverse research teams make better decisions, are more equipped to solve complex problems and adapt to change, and produce better outcomes. That diversity is about opening up to unconventional ideas that create better outcomes, while recognizing colleagues' unique contributions. Become part of the legacy that embraces these differences and enables us to provide the best care to patients from all over the world.
The Research Fellow opportunity is available in Dr. Xiaoming Zhang's Radiology program. The Research Fellow is expected to develop and apply ultrasound surface wave elastography techniques for noninvasively measuring various organs including lung, eye, and others. Dr. Zhang has developed noninvasive ultrasound-based techniques to measure tissue elasticity for assessing various tissue diseases safely and quantitatively. Interested people may look at Dr. Zhang’s publications through the Google scholar website or his faculty program: https://www.mayo.edu/research/faculty/zhang-xiaoming-ph-d/bio-00027941.
A Research Fellow at Mayo Clinic is a temporary position intended to provide training and education in research. Individuals will train in the research program of a Mayo Clinic principal investigator. Qualified individuals will demonstrate the potential for research as evidenced by their training and peer-reviewed publications and should become competitive for national research grants. Proof of English proficiency is required for J-1 Short-Term Scholars, Research Scholars, Professors, Specialists, and Student Interns sponsored by Mayo Clinic.
Please attach the following required documents at the time of application.
Candidates should be prepared to provide three letters of recommendation to the hiring PI prior to being offered an interview.
- Current curriculum vitae and bibliography
- Doctoral degree certification, if applicable:
- Original or notarized copy of diploma or final transcript issued by school (English translation required).
Must have a Ph.D., M.D., or equivalent doctoral degree in a field deemed relevant by the program. Research Fellow is appropriate for individuals who have completed no more than one prior postdoctoral fellowship, at Mayo Clinic or elsewhere.
1. Ph.D. in an engineering or applied science field such as ultrasound technique, ultrasound imaging, optical imaging, Acoustics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical engineering, Applied Physics or other closely related fields.
2. Solid in science and technology such as in ultrasound, wave propagation, technique development, Matlab programing, experimentation, numerical simulation, image processing, and machine learning. Familiar with Verasonics ultrasound programming is a plus.
3. Good personality, research ethics, motivation and performance.
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.
Postdoc & Temporary Research
Job posting number