Why Mayo Clinic
A Research Technologist position is available in the Department of Molecular Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN. We use a combination of techniques in molecular and cellular biology, virology, immunology and murine cancer models to engineer and test virus-based anti-cancer treatments. The main project the candidate will focus on is protocol development for large-scale manufacturing and purification of RNA for clinical translation. Candidates with experience in virology, HPLC, molecular biology, immunology, cell culture and animal handling are encouraged to apply.
Sets up and performs routine and established lab procedures in support of lab goals, grant commitments, i.e. assays, cell/tissue culture, animal studies, etc. Monitors results, reports unusual outcomes and suggests modifications. Collects, enters and summarizes data. Assists in the maintenance of lab equipment and supplies. Performs basic statistical data analysis; prepares tables/charts/graphs and assists in organizing data. Presents at research laboratory meetings and contributes to writing of manuscripts. Works under supervision and may perform some assignments independently as discussed and approved by Principal Investigator.
This is a limited tenure position that has been approved for approximately one year, that may have the possibility of turning into a regular position.
Requires bachelor's degree in biology, chemistry, or other relevant science.
- A moderate level of computer skills and the ability to learn different software programs is required.
- An understanding of or prior experience with general laboratory procedures including work in tissue culture and anion-exchange chromatography is preferred.
- Must possess good written and oral communication skills and the ability to be a team player.
- Must be willing to work with animal models of cancer. Prior experience working with mice is highly beneficial.
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and motivated.
- Must exhibit a solid understanding of lab techniques, equipment, and safety. Must have the ability to organize and carry out laboratory techniques independently and in a team setting.
- Experience with basic data analysis is required. This position requires demonstrated writing skills.
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. The minimum pay rate is $23.10 per hour.
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.
Clinical Labs and Research
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.