Responsible for analyzing and visualizing relational data sources utilized by Mayo Clinic Laboratories (MCL) for trends, insights and outliers. Very comfortable with writing complex SQL queries against data sources such as Oracle, SQL Server. Proposes and creates innovative and appropriate data solutions (dashboards, reports, business intelligence tools, etc.). Experience with data transformation and ETL tools is desired. Uses business intelligence, data visualization, and data transformation tools to deliver insights for MCL customers. Ability to work on multiple initiatives and ability to reprioritize based on changing demands. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, inquisitive, and able to take on new challenges without having all the parameters. Open to new learning and not afraid to pose difficult questions. Ability to work with cross-functional teams is a must.
Provides technical and project leadership to other staff members, demonstrates initiative, and works independently as needed to accomplish responsibilities. Works effectively across departmental organizations gaining consensus of stakeholders.
- 5+ Years of experience with SQL (SQL Server, Oracle) and business intelligence reporting.
- Strong experience in healthcare data analysis is a plus.
- 2+ Years' experience with Tableau and/or Power BI.
- 2+ years' experience working with Extraction, Transformation, Load (ETL) or ETL developers.
- Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience with Data Warehouse and Data Mart design.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.