Center for Digital Health
Why Mayo Clinic
Diversity and inclusion are integral to Mayo Clinic's mission to provide excellent, culturally relevant care in a welcoming environment to patients from a wide variety of backgrounds and creating an inclusive work environment where differences are valued, allowing individuals to achieve and contribute to their fullest potential. This commitment to diversity is woven into the fabric of Mayo Clinic — we embrace these values as we serve our patients, employees, students, suppliers and communities.
This position calls for a highly skilled Sr. Digital Analytics Engineer to support advanced engineering tasks, and implement strategies across an enterprise ecosystem of internal and externally facing Mayo or vendor hosted digital web and mobile properties supporting content for demand generation, marketing and ecommerce businesses. Typical tasks include, mentoring other engineers, integrating, implementing new configurations.
The Sr. Digital Analytics Engineer will:
• Acquire domain subject matter expertise across a range of IT systems supported by Mayo and vendor hosted websites documenting learnings centrally.
• Build, operationalize and scale solutions to automate routine tasks (e.g. regression tests, user access, other).
• Optimize existing data architecture and queries to scale across terabytes of data for visualization consumption.
• Identify analytics opportunities and communicate with product owners.
• Train and mentor digital analytics engineers
• Compile and construct analytics specification requirements
• Implement tracking technologies, pixels and cookies
• Construct and perform technical audits
• Perform manual and/or automated regression testing
• Update tag management and analytics technical configurations.
• Prototype, and code, solutions to integrate digital web analytics platforms data with other data sources, using technologies such as Google Analytics 360 , BigQuery and/or Analytics Reporting APIs.
• Engage key technical & subject matter experts across the business for knowledge capture into the digital analytics solutions.
• Provide core analytics technical requirements to Product Management, IT and UX Design teams.
• Work on a team of Digital Analytics Engineers, A/B Testing, SEO, Data Privacy and Enterprise Analytics Analysts who support data privacy and analyze data across digital and non-digital data sources.
• Develop a trusted advocate relationship with internal and external customer constituents.
• Drive repeatability in solution architectures.
• Foster an environment that encourages innovation, creative risk taking, speed and agility
The Sr. Digital Analytics Engineer uses automation techniques,creates and maintains standards,and oversees the work of contractors/vendors. The Sr. Digital Analytics Engineer participates and leads process improvement to ensure analytics are a part of development cycles and business delivery. This role will develop strong working relationships with all touchpoints across the data lifecycl, innovate and refine current data structures following best practices.
The Sr. Digital Analytics Engineer mentors and coaches other Digital Analytics team members, peers, interns, consultants and contractors. The Sr. Digital Analytics Engineer will play a key role in developing, executing and updating the technical strategy for providing a self-service environment and intake system for Digital Analytics service requests.
This position can work from anywhere in the United States.
This vacancy is not eligible for sponsorship/ we will not sponsor or transfer visas for this position.
Minimum BS/BA in Computer Science, or other technical degree.
5 years experience with Digital Analytics architecture/tools (tag management systems, Google Marketing Platform, BigQuery, Adobe, other tools) and implementations.
Aptitude for the use of complex digital tracking solutions
At least 3 years experience with digital analytics analysis, defining KPIs and segmentations.
At least 1 year experience with big data (BigQuery) or other big data technologies.
Experience leading implementations
Experience managing the technical work across multiple competing projects.
At least 3 years experience with SQL, familiarity with visualization tools such as Tableau, Spotfire or Tibco, QlikView required.
Experience with big data configurations, schema, API, data warehouse management tasks.
Ability to think critically, interpret and understand requirements in order to build tagging solutions based on market and GBS Web and analytics strategy. Ability to translate business requirements into technical plans and reporting solutions in order to analyze data, interpret results and recommend solutions to enable teams to make decisions around optimizing or understanding product investments. Keen problem solving abilities. Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, ability to work independently, manage multiple projects/responsibilities.. High level of proficiency using Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Access and Outlook. Must be self-motivated. Must be a team player with a strong desire to win by collaborating.
Experience integrating a variety of analytics technology such as Google Analytics 360, Invoca, Optimizely, Qualtrics, Botify
Strong analytical and problem resolution skills - effectively evaluates information/data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve.
License or certification
Applicants who have digital analytics, TMS or related IT certifications will have priority over candidates who are not certified digital analytics analysts.
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. The minimum salary every 2 weeks is approx $3,735.20, based on a full-time position.
M-F, daytime hours
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.
Administration, Business, Finance, IT and Engineering
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.