Why Mayo Clinic
The Research shield at Mayo Clinic is committed to creating a diverse environment and recognizes that diverse research teams make better decisions, are more equipped to solve complex problems and adapt to change, and produce better outcomes. That diversity is about opening up to unconventional ideas that create better outcomes, while recognizing colleagues' unique contributions. Become part of the legacy that embraces these differences and enables us to provide the best care to patients from all over the world.
The Senior Engineer will:
1) Design and develop engineering systems as part of a team under minimal supervision.
2) Apply engineering principles and theory to solving problems.
3) Manage portions of projects and provides leadership and training to less experienced staff while developing expertise in one or more technical areas.
This position is a dual appointment at Mayo Clinic and at Resoundant, Inc., a Mayo Clinic-owned subsidiary. Resoundant is the world leader in Magnetic Resonance Elastography (MRE) technology. The Engineer will have a 20% (0.2 FTE) appointment in the MRI Research Laboratory at Mayo Clinic and a 80% (0.8 FTE) at Resoundant.
Either a Bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional engineering experience or at least 15 years of professional technology development experience.
- Bachelors degree in engineering or related field and demonstrated mastery of standard engineering disciplines is preferred.
- Masters or Ph.D. degree preferred.
- Experience in medical device design and product development.
- Experience with analog circuit design.
- Expertise in C#, and Python. Knowledgeable in C++ and MATLAB.
- Ability to recommend, implement, and maintain technical aspects of cloud-based SaaS for Resoundant’s image post-processing applications.
- Knowledgeable in software development best practices and able to mentor other teammates to adopt these practices.
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines, and the ability to automated build and test of software applications.
- Familiarity with Magnetic Resonance Imaging Physics and Concepts.
- Familiarity with IEC 61601-X.XX, ISO 13485 and 14971 product directives, REACH and ROHS standards.
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. The minimum pay rate is $42.31 per hour.
16 Hours/pay period (or every two weeks)
No Weekend work required.
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.
Clinical Labs and Research
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.