Management Engineering and Consulting
Why Mayo Clinic
When you’re a part of Mayo Clinic, diversity is about opening up to unconventional ideas that create better outcomes, while recognizing colleagues' unique contributions. Become part of the legacy that embraces these differences and enables us to provide the best care to patients from all over the world.
Management Engineering & Consulting, Mayo Clinic’s internal business consulting and management engineering team, has a Sr. Health Systems Engineer position currently open and is looking for you to join a team that actively seeks out and shares best practices, invests in your professional development, and offers unique opportunities for career growth. You will be given the creative freedom to find solutions to solve complex issues in health care. You will be challenged and intellectually stimulated while working alongside some of the most brilliant professionals in health care. You will find meaning in your work by making a difference in the lives of patients who come to Mayo Clinic for hope and healing.
A Sr. Health Systems Engineer provides business consultative and management engineering services from discovery to execution at various levels of the Mayo Clinic organization, from departments and divisions to governance committees at an enterprise, site and region level requesting assistance with strategy and design, management and process engineering, applied analytics or business and digital transformation.
A Sr. Health Systems Engineer should:
- Apply knowledge of and demonstrated application of consulting and engineering expertise in areas such as business vision, strategy and goals; digital technology enablement; business use cases; operations optimization; change management; and solution implementation and sustainability.
- Enable multifaceted projects. Identify, recommend and implement transformational solutions for departments, sites, and shields including applied analytics and operations research methods, new staffing models, organizational structures, work flow and throughput, and digital interventions.
- Perform difficult business case analysis for departments, sites, or shields including analyzing quantitative and qualitative data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations to inform leadership decisions.
- Apply advanced consulting and engineering frameworks and models throughout project lifecycles. Consider both the business and technical needs of all clients with the goal of providing an innovative product that meets current and future customer needs.
- Understand and model for up/downstream impacts on institutional changes across the integrated organization (practice, research, education and administration).
- Have experience with intelligent automation tools and models.
- Leverage lessons learned to create best and next practice models, tools, frameworks and methods enabling sustained transformational capabilities.
- Design and develop new business processes and capabilities.
Master's degree in management, industrial engineering, systems engineering, operations research, business administration, analytics, artificial intelligence or health-related field is preferred with 4 years of experience to include several of the following areas of ME&C expertise: consulting, operations optimization, workflow and staffing analysis, management and systems engineering, digital technology enablement, applied analytics and leadership with strategic initiatives OR Bachelor's degree in management, industrial engineering, systems engineering, operations research, business administration, analytics, artificial intelligence or health-related field with 7 years of experience to include several of the following areas of expertise: consulting, operations optimization, workflow and staffing analysis, management and systems engineering, digital technology enablement, applied analytics and leadership with strategic initiatives.
Key Knowledge Required: General knowledge of core business consulting and management engineering, methods, models and frameworks. Proven ability to successfully execute projects of limited to moderate complexity. Understanding of the healthcare industry preferred. Proficiency in use of office and project simulation, optimization and visualization tools (MS Excel, Word, Visio, and other process modeling and mapping, statistical, analytical, data visualization and survey technology). Ability to gather and document project based functional and business requirements. Knowledge and demonstrated use of management and systems engineering, applied analytics, operations research, artificial intelligence as well as implementation and execution methods and tools. Proven ability to work as part of a team with internal and external stakeholders including all levels of organization leadership. Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills. Successful completion of Mayo Quality Fellow Gold Exam within one year of the date of hire.
Individuals interested in the position must be able and willing to make a commitment to remain in the position for a minimum of two years.
Learn more about our department at https://managementengineeringandconsulting.mayoclinic.org/
Scope of Responsibility: Partner with the client to assure readiness for efficient and effective team engagement and utilization of ME&C services; identification and engagement of long-term process owner, communication with affected areas, availability of data, and representation from process owners and leadership. Identifies, translates and applies best practices on assigned projects. Responsible for data analysis, analytics, development of recommendations, and presentation including solution/deliverable, development, and coordinating deployment of deliverables.
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. The minimum salary every 2 weeks is approximately $3670.40, based on a full-time position.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. with flexibility to accommodate time zones and project needs.
Willingness to travel regionally, nationally and/or internationally.
This position will require a combination of telework and onsite presence.
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.
Administration, Business, Finance
Management Engineering and Consulting
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.