The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting a broad range of studies relating to cancer predisposition genes and cancer metastasis in the Couch lab.
(1) Perform functional assays, cell/tissue culture and animal studies with cancer predisposition gene variants under the supervision of Dr. Couch and lab management.
(2) Work with bioinformatics team members through data analysis to select genes involved in breast cancer metastasis.
(3) Perform molecular cloning, cell biology and animal studies of genes implicated in breast cancer metastasis
(4) Independently design and perform experiments and procedures in support of lab goals and grant commitments
(5) Oversee and assist with the training of residents, fellows and temporary lab personnel in lab techniques.
Independently sets up and performs experiments and procedures in support of lab goals and grant commitments (e.g. assays, cell/tissue culture, animal studies, etc.). Contributes to the planning, design and modification of studies and experiments in the research lab setting. Monitors results, reports unusual outcomes and suggests modifications. Collects, enters, summarizes, and analyzes data. May oversee and assist with the training of residents, fellows and temporary lab personnel in lab techniques. Works with minimal supervision and performs assignments independently as discussed and approved by Principal Investigator.
For more information on Dr. Couch's program, please visit: https://www.mayo.edu/research/faculty/couch-fergus-j-ph-d/bio-00027515