Health Information Management Services
This is a Supplemental position within Record Content Management (RCM). Potential hours are variable and based upon availability and workload. Eau Claire hours are available between 8am to 5pm and are flexible.
- Analyzes patient information to ensure compliance with standards established by Federal/State & Joint Commission & CMS regulations.
- Coordinates with clinicians to ensure documentation contains all required elements and is completed in a timely manner.
- Adheres to institutional policies regarding health care documentation.
- Utilizes independent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Works independently and collaboratively across the enterprise with minimal supervision.
- Adheres to guidelines with regard to accessing minimum necessary information to complete job function.
- Adheres to state and federal rules regarding privacy and confidentiality of protected health information.
- Leverages technology to serve the patients and practice.
- Professionally communicates through all electronic, written, and verbal methods.
- Ensures great customer service while assisting patients, care providers, allied health staff, attorneys, insurance companies, government audits, and others in a courteous, professional and confidential manner.
- Associate of Science degree in a healthcare related discipline required (i.e., applied health sciences A.S. degree). Associate of Science degree in Health Information Technology preferred.
- Health Information Technology (HIT) program students actively completing the last semester of their associate degree program will be considered; successful completion of HIT Associate degree is required within 6 months of hire date for continued employment.
- Must possess knowledge of medical records format and content and be able to perform work in a fast paced, constant change, production environment with a focus on quality.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and be able to clearly, concisely and professionally communicate verbally and in written forms.
- Demonstrated ability to maneuver in multi technology environment and demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook) applications.
- Keyboarding skills necessary, with intermediate typing/keyboard/computer skills.
License or certification
Registered Health Information Technician / Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIT / RHIA) preferred.
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. The minimum pay rate is $16.59 per hour.
Hours / Pay period
8a-5p, flexible. Hours are variable, based on availability.
Eau Claire, with a metro area of 163,000 is home to the 11,000 students at the University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire. Strong schools, low crime rate, and a reasonable cost of living may be expected. With an abundance of outdoor activities, The city also serves as the retail center for west central Wisconsin and the major metro area of Minneapolis/St. Paul is 90 minutes away. Mayo Clinic Health System in Eau Claire is recognized as a Best Hospital in Northwestern Wisconsin and within the top 10 for Hospitals in Wisconsin (U.S. News & World Report, 2019-2020).
Office & Administrative Support
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
Mayo Clinic is an equal opportunity educator and employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).