Health Information Management Services
This is a Supplemental position within Record Content Management (RCM). Potential hours will vary based upon availability and workload. Jacksonville hours are available between 8-5 p.m. and are flexible.
- Analyzes patient information to ensure compliance with standards established by Federal/State & Joint Commission & CMS regulations.
- Coordinates with clinicians to ensure documentation contains all required elements and is completed in a timely manner. Adheres to institutional policies regarding health care documentation.
- Utilizes independent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Works independently and collaboratively across the enterprise with minimal supervision.
- Adheres to guidelines with regard to accessing minimum necessary information to complete job function.
- Adheres to state and federal rules regarding privacy and confidentiality of protected health information.
- Leverages technology to serve the patients and practice.
- Professionally communicates through all electronic, written, and verbal methods.
- Ensures great customer service while assisting patients, care providers, allied health staff, attorneys, insurance companies, government audits, and others in a courteous, professional and confidential manner.
- Associate of Science degree in a healthcare related discipline required (i.e., applied health sciences A.S. degree).
- Associate of Science degree in Health Information Technology preferred. Health Information Technology (HIT) program students actively completing the last semester of their associate degree program will be considered; successful completion of HIT Associate degree is required within 6 months of hire date for continued employment.
- Must possess knowledge of medical records format and content and be able to perform work in a fast paced, constant change, production environment with a focus on quality.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and be able to clearly, concisely and professionally communicate verbally and in written forms.
- Demonstrated ability to maneuver in multi technology environment and demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook) applications. Keyboarding skills necessary, with intermediate typing/keyboard/computer skills.
- OnBase, document scanning/indexing experience preferred
License or certification
Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) preferred.
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. The minimum pay rate is $15.35 per hour.
Hours / Pay period
04:00 PM- 12:30 AM, flexible. Hours are variable, based on availability.
Jacksonville is the largest city in area in the continental United States. A beautiful coastal Florida city that features excellent year-round climate, over 20 miles of beaches and outstanding outdoor recreational, cultural and family-oriented amenities. The “River City by the Sea” has an excellent school system, reasonable cost of living and a thriving business environment. Medical professionals and patients are drawn to Jacksonville by an extraordinary network of high-profile healthcare facilities. Jacksonville continues to grow as more people relocate from all over the U.S. and abroad, to see what the great River City has to offer!
Office & Administrative Support
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.