Why Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is the nation's best hospital (U.S. News & World Report, 2020-2021) and ranked #1 in more specialties than any other care provider. We have a vast array of opportunities ranging from Nursing, Clinical, to Finance, IT, Administrative, Research and Support Services to name a few. Across all locations, you’ll find career opportunities that support diversity, equity and inclusion. At Mayo Clinic, we invest in you with opportunities for growth and development and our benefits and compensation package are highly competitive. We invite you to be a part of our team where you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect, and most importantly, a life-changing career!
This is a full time telework position.
Mayo Clinic's Department of Laboratory Data Analytics group is seeking a Solution Architect - who will be responsible for the design, architecture and successful implementation of enterprise projects. The solution architect will have the opportunity to design innovative analytics solutions with Clinical, Financial and Administrative data sources. Successful candidate is expected to collaborate closely with business stakeholders and technology leaders and build solutions to enable data driven decision making and digital transformation. Extensive experience in designing and delivering data solutions is required.
In addition to working with internal stakeholders, this position requires interaction with external groups such as Enterprise Analytics groups, Cloud Infrastructures teams. Solution architect will lead evaluation of new technologies and expected to stay updated with modern data analytics technology stack. He/She will play key role in modernizing current solutions and help transition on-premise solutions to Google Cloud.
- Lead design of data analytics solutions such as Data Marts to be utilized by Tableau and other analytics tools.
- Provide leadership in strategic data and analytics assessment process and design roadmaps for implementation.
- Lead a team of data analysts, ETL developers and develop sophisticated solutions to meet stakeholder needs.
- Lead teams to develop Proof-of-Concept projects to validate new architectures and solutions.
- Develop best practices and guidelines and ensure they are applied in all initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders and business partners to review requirements and architect appropriate solutions utilizing tools such as SSIS, SQL Server and Tableau.
- Mentor and help grow team colleagues from analytics team comprised of data analysts, data engineers and business analysts.
- Align long term vision to individual initiatives and deliver solutions iteratively.
- Design, and lead development of conceptual / logical data models for analytics solutions.
- Advice on new technology trends and lead team transition from on-premise solutions to Google Cloud.
Mayo Clinic will not sponsor or transfer visas for this position.
- 5+ Years' experience in leading and designing data and analytics solutions.
- Experience with leading and implementing ETL and other data pipelines.
- Familiarity and experience with common BI and data exploration tools
- Ability to understand and adapt to changing business priorities and technology advancements.
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing high volume data with SQL or other query languages.
- Experience with Google Cloud technologies such as BigQuery is desired.
Bachelor's degree and 5 years' experience including 3 years' of demonstrated technical experience and 1 year of demonstrated leadership experience; Or, Associate's degree and 9 years' experience including 3 years' of demonstrated technical experience.
Capable of moving among work areas and willing to do so. Demonstrated project and deliverable consistency through repeatable and reliable performance. Proven evidence of project management skills. Demonstrated oral and written communication, organization, problem solving, and facilitation skills. Evidence of mastery level expertise in one computing technology. Demonstrated ability in solving complex technical problems with multiple computing technologies. Experience working in healthcare technology. Exposure to managing both custom developed and vendor-supplied applications. Master’s degree in applicable field preferred.
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. The minimum salary every 2 weeks is approx $3,854.40, based on a full-time position.
Full time telework.
Monday - Friday, 8a - 5p
May be part of future on-call rotation.
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.
IT and Engineering
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.