The size and scope of practice at Mayo Clinic make it unique. Technologies that were created here are used worldwide. Computers, joined with video, wireless and engineering technology, support every aspect of Mayo's clinical practice, research and education.
Information technology at Mayo Clinic comprises a wide array of services and functions, including administrative applications, clinical systems, telecom and networks, and support.
Paid internships are available for undergraduate and graduate students within the Department of Information Technology. The internships range from approximately three months to six months or more.
The Information Technology Internship is an opportunity for students to gain hands-on experience while working with Mayo Clinic professionals.
Examples of potential projects include:
- Working with researchers to develop tools based upon artificial intelligence and machine learning to advance health care delivery models.
- Utilizing data science concepts to mine big data for new and innovative discoveries to support the practice in treating and healing patients.
- Working with clinical teams, developers and vendors to implement Software as a Service (Saas) systems in the Cloud.
- Develop mobile application solutions built on a secured, data rich enterprise platform.
- Assist in the monitoring and extension of advanced networking protocols, including segmentation to protect and secure the technical infrastructure.
- Contribute to the mapping and management of the Enterprise Architecture to promote integration centricity.
The Information Technology Internship offers not only an educational work experience but also an opportunity to socialize and have fun with others from around the country. There are several social and professional groups within the institution that interns can become involved in.
- Competitive pay
- Mayo Clinic-sponsored recreational programs
- Discounted tickets to local and regional special events
- Liability insurance while working
- Driving or carpooling to a park-and-ride lot, from which you take a Rochester Public Transit bus (Mayo Clinic pays for your bus pass) to the Mayo Clinic campus
- Taking public bus transportation on Rochester Public Transit (Mayo Clinic pays for your bus pass)
Mayo Clinic seeks diverse candidates from undergraduate and graduate programs across the country for the Information Technology Internship.
Qualified candidates should be self-motivated, enthusiastic, creative, and enrolled in an undergraduate or master's program in computer science or another related major.
How to Apply
Visit our Internships and Summer Opportunities Web page for available internship positions.
You may also connect with an IT recruiter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.