The Video Post-Production Internship provides a learning experience during which interns participate in all aspects of video post-production. During this internship, you have an opportunity to enhance your skills while working under the direction of a mentor within the Division of Media Support Services at Mayo Clinic.
The Division of Media Support Services, with a staff of more than 300 people, provides media solutions for video, photography, illustration, graphic design, Web development, print and other creative opportunities for Mayo Clinic.
Examples of projects you work on and skills you develop during the internship include:
- Creating graphics, menus and animations in Motion, After Effects and Photoshop
- Creating or re-creating projects in Final Cut Pro
- Encoding finished projects to appropriate professional formats for delivery
- Learning professional standards to encode projects to DVD
- Authoring DVD projects in DVD Studio Pro and high-definition projects in Blu-ray using Encore
Your work will adhere to professional industry standards and be completed in a tightly scheduled environment using the latest state-of-the-art tools. You also gain insights that allow you to anticipate technical problems before they happen and quickly resolve them when they do. In addition, the internship provides you with valuable experience in managing multiple clients and projects, while working in tandem with others in a group environment.
At the end of the Video Post-Production Internship, you'll have a finished project in the format desired. You should also have attained the professional knowledge and skills needed to complete the steps to replicate this process in the future.
This internship not only offers an educational work experience but also provides an opportunity to live, socialize and have fun with other interns from around the country. The Rochester, Minnesota, area has much to offer — find out more about regional opportunities, activities and living in our area.
As part of the program, you have access to:
- An assigned email account
- Access to the Dan Abraham Healthy Living Center
- Participation in Mayo Clinic-sponsored recreational programs
- Discounted tickets to local and regional special events
You will need to make your own arrangements for traveling to and from work.
- Driving or carpooling to a Park and Ride lot, from which you take a Rochester Public Transit bus to the Mayo Clinic campus
- Taking public bus transportation on Rochester Public Transit (Mayo Clinic pays for your bus pass)
Video Post-Production Internships are available for undergraduate and graduate students. These basic requirements must be met for eligibility:
- Undergraduate students must have completed their junior year in a film, mass media or electronic media degree program.
- Graduate students who have completed their B.A., B.S. or B.F.A. degree and are in at least their second year of a master's program in film, mass media or electronic media are eligible to apply.
- Recent graduates from a relevant bachelor's or master's degree program may be considered.
Competition for this internship is intense. An individual's qualifications and Mayo Clinic's needs and funding determine whether an applicant will be offered a position.
Visit our Internships and Summer Opportunities Web page for available internship positions. If this internship is not available, you may click "Email jobs to me." You will then be notified via email when future internship positions become available.
Your online application must include these materials, which you may attach when applying:
- A demonstration reel of work you have developed (online or DVD format)
- A one-page personal statement describing your career objectives and listing any experiences you have had that you feel would be helpful in considering your application
- A letter of reference from your faculty adviser
- Transcripts from all colleges attended (photocopies are acceptable)
It is your responsibility to ensure that all application materials are completed and received by Mayo Clinic on or before the deadline. The selection committee will not review incomplete applications.
For more information, contact:
- Jessica J. Larson
200 First St. SW
Rochester, MN 55905