Summary Plan Descriptions and Legal Notices
Each Summary Plan Description summarizes the main features of the plan. Complete details of each benefit are in the official plan documents that govern each individual plan.
The official plan documents are the only legally binding benefit descriptions in case there are any discrepancies between their provisions and the information in the Summary Plan Description. The official documents are available for examination in the Department of Human Resources, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota.
The plan administrator of the various plans described has the authority and responsibility to interpret and make such determinations as may be required from time to time in the administration of the plans. The plan administrator also has the authority, discretion and responsibility to interpret the terms of the plans and determine all factual and legal questions under the plans including, but not limited to, the entitlement of employees and participants to benefits in accordance with the terms of the respective plans.
Summary Plan Descriptions: Health and welfare
Effective January 1, 2019, the Summary Plan Descriptions for the following plans were combined into the Mayo Clinic Health & Welfare Benefits Plan Document and Summary Plan Description.
- Mayo Medical Plan
- Mayo Reimbursement Plan
- Delta Dental
- Dental Assistance Plan (Retirees)
- Employee Assistance Plans
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Account
The Benefits Booklets listed below provide additional information for each plan.
- Mayo Basic Benefits Booklet
- Mayo Select Benefits Booklet
- Mayo Premier Benefits Booklet
- Mayo Expatriate Medical Plan
- Mayo Medicare Supplement Benefits Booklet
- Delta Dental of Minnesota
- Mayo Reimbursement Account Benefits Booklet
- Retiree Mayo Reimbursement Account and Dental Assistance Plan
- Employee Assistance Plan (offered through Vital WorkLife)
- Employee Assistance Plan (Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account Benefits Booklet
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account Benefits Booklet
- Mayo Pre-Tax Health Savings Account
- Employer-Paid Term Life Insurance
- Group Universal Term Life Insurance
- Mayo-Paid Life
- Mayo Clinic Life Insurance for Residents and Research Appointees
- Resident Long-Term Disability Plan
- Mayo Long-Term Disability Plan
- Employer-Paid and Voluntary Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance Plan
- Business Travel Accident Insurance Plan
- Legal Notices Booklet
Summary Plan Descriptions: Retirement plans
- Mayo Pension Plan
- Methodist Hospital Hourly Employees Pension Plan
- Saint Marys Hospital Retirement Plan
- Mayo Retirement Savings 401(k) Plan
- Mayo 403(b) Plan
- Retiree Health Reimbursement Arrangement
- Franklin Heating Station Hourly Employees’ 401(k) Plan
- Mayo Clinic Health System 401(a) Plan
- Austin Medical Center 403(b) Plan
Organized Health Care Arrangement (OHCA) statement
Mayo Clinic offers comprehensive medical plans and wellness options that allow employees to achieve their health and fitness goals. Mayo Clinic’s health plan has also entered into an agreement with the Mayo Clinic-affiliated hospitals and clinics called an Organized Health Care Arrangement (OHCA). The goal is to improve health care delivery and control costs for employees and other plan members through joint quality improvement activity in order to develop better health outcomes.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Learn more about "EEO is the Law." Mayo Clinic participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Mayo Clinic provides reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities to increase opportunities and eliminate barriers to employment. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application process; to access job postings, to apply for a job, for a job interview, for pre-employment testing, or with the onboarding process, please contact HR Connect at 507-266-0440 or 888-266-0440.
Job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a post offer placement assessment including a urine drug screen, immunization review and tuberculin (TB) skin testing, if applicable.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization and proceeds from Web advertising help support our mission. Mayo Clinic does not endorse any of the third party products and services advertised.
A single copy of these materials may be reprinted for noncommercial personal use only. "Mayo," "Mayo Clinic," "MayoClinic.org," "Mayo Clinic Healthy Living," and the triple-shield Mayo Clinic logo are trademarks of Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research.
© 1998-2022 Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research (MFMER). All rights reserved.