Consider a life-changing career in a Support Services role at Mayo Clinic.
We recognize that we couldn’t provide outstanding care without
our dedicated support services employees. From Environmental Services,
Facility Services, General Services, Linen Central Services to Security.
Whatever path you choose, you will discover a culture
of teamwork, professionalism and mutual respect, with colleagues who
inspire you to stretch and grow. Most of all, you will find a career that
can change your life.
- Cleaning and disinfection of patient rooms, exam rooms, procedure rooms, operating rooms and public spaces
- Safely and properly using chemicals
- Sweeping and mopping floors
- Cleaning light fixtures, ceilings and vents, walls, mattresses, furniture, windows and window coverings
- Emptying trash and garbage containers
- Replenishing supplies
- Shampooing and cleaning carpets or buffing and polishing floors using mechanical equipment
- Building automation systems
- Operate, maintain, repair and diagnose systems and portable equipment
- Steam/boiler systems, fire alarm and sprinkler systems, water loop systems, elevator systems, medical gas systems, communications systems, sewer systems, refrigeration and electrical systems
- Assists and manages master planning activities, with facility evaluations, equipment planning and procurement
- Establishes implementation plans and budgets
- Produces construction documents for projects, including architectural, interiors, mechanical, and electrical drawings
- Provides and maintains building and campus infrastructure system drawings for maintenance and design
- Logistics & Dispatch Services provides prompt and efficient campus-wide service support through the pick-up and delivery of specimens, blood, packages, pharmaceuticals, surgical items, intra-clinic mail, and U.S. Postal mail.
- Dispatchers coordinate internal patient and guest transport and escort services
- Door Attendant
- Door attendants greet patients and guests, assist with wheelchair mobility, coordinate shuttle and taxi services, and arrange on-campus transportation.
- Information Desk
- The information desk attendant functions as a resource to Mayo Clinic patients, visitors and medical staff and is familiar with multiple medical center resources including lost and found items, and conducts Medical Center tours as needed.
- Patient & Guest Transport
- Provides courteous, efficient, and coordinated mobility assistance to our patients and guests, offering wheelchair, cart, and ambulatory assistance.
- Parking & Transportation
- Provides consistent, efficient, and personable service to our patients and patient visitors, as well as employees. Our parking and transportation team consists of parking ambassadors and parking enforcement.
- Telephone Operations
- Our telephone operations team is responsible for processing all incoming calls from Mayo Clinic patients, visitors, clinic staff, administrative staff, support staff and the general public.
- Sterile Processing
- Sterilizer Operations
- Customer Service
- Patrol buildings and grounds to prevent fire, theft, and vandalism
- Secures, unlocks, and protects buildings
- Provides for vehicular and pedestrian traffic and building access control
- Insures the protection of the facility and equipment as well as supplies, medications, and narcotics
- Provides for escort and other assistance as needed to assist patients/residents, visitors and staff
Explore our campuses
Sun or snow? Small town or big city? We have major facilities in Minnesota, Florida, and Arizona, plus a 3-state regional network.
We change with you
We take good care of you so you can take better care of our patients. You’ll see the proof in our outstanding benefits package.