Hospital Internal Medicine
Why Mayo Clinic
You are invited to partner with the nation’s best hospital (U.S. News & World Report 2019-2020) ranked #1 in more specialties than any other care provider. Practicing at Mayo Clinic provides a rewarding career that promotes excellence in patient-centered care. You can thrive in an environment that supports innovation and collaboration with top specialists – to give your patients the quality of care you want to achieve.
Imagine yourself in a dynamic atmosphere where you'll work alongside world-renowned experts, learn new things every day, treat conditions that few medical professionals ever encounter, and have a vast range of career paths to choose from. Now imagine that in addition to all this, you have the chance to change lives every day. That’s what it means to be a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant at Mayo Clinic.
Advanced Care at Home (ACH) is part of Hospital Internal Medicine at Mayo Clinic in Arizona. ACH is a care model that delivers innovative, comprehensive, and complex care to patients—all from the comfort of patients’ homes via an innovative technology platform. Through ACH , patients with conditions previously managed in the hospital setting will have be able to transition to their home and receive compassionate, high-quality virtual and in-person care.
The ACH Acute Care Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant (NP PA) works cooperatively with physicians, NP PAs, nurses, and other allied health personnel.
The Acute Care NP or PA will perform the following tasks in with the hospital or the patient’s home setting:
100% of days worked will require the NP PA’s presence on the hospital campus and travel to patients’ homes.
- Obtain a patient history
- Perform a physical examination
- Order and perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
- Formulate a diagnostic impression
- Develop and implement a treatment plan
- Monitor the effectiveness of therapeutic interventions
- Facilitate appropriate consultations and referrals
- Provide counseling and education to patients and their families
- 2 years of hospital based NP PA experience, fellowships will be considered
- Hospital Internal Medicine experience is preferred
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner:
- Must be a graduate of an accredited university.
- Master of Science in Nursing required.
- Must be licensed or eligible to practice as an CNP in the State of Arizona. Must have national certification.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited university.
- NCCPA certification required.
- Must be licensed/certified or eligible to practice as PA in the State of Arizona.
- The NP PA must be flexible and willing to work 12 hour shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Experience providing care in patient’s homes or via telehealth/remote monitoring is a preferred.
- Ability to manage time and stress effectively and adapt to unpredictable situations within the patient care setting.
- Strong computer skills in an Electronic Medical Record preferred.
License or certification
- Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant license to practice in the State of Arizona.
- BLS and ACLS are required.
- For Nurse Practitioners, Acute Care certification is required, and for Physician Assistants, NCCPA certification is required.
- Evidence of application for DEA certificate must be provided upon hire and obtained within 90 days of hire. Certification should be maintained thereafter unless waived by department/division.
- A valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record per an annual motor vehicle record check are required.
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended.
Over the next four years, Mayo Clinic is making significant investments in both the physical and technological future of health care, through doubling the size of the Mayo Clinic campus in Phoenix, inclusive of practice, education, and research activities. Mayo Clinic's campuses in Arizona are located in Phoenix and Scottsdale, in the beautiful Sonoran Desert. The region is known as the Valley of the Sun, a metropolitan area with more than 4 million residents in 25 cities and towns.
With Phoenix being the fifth largest city in the nation, this sunny "desert metropolis" offers the amenities of a big city in the midst of a strikingly beautiful, rugged, southwest landscape.
Scottsdale frequently earns praise as a highly desirable place to live. The city's more than 200,000 residents enjoy a vibrant mix of culinary hot spots, arts and entertainment, professional and collegiate sports teams, and community resources. The region's desert climate promotes an outdoor lifestyle with a full complement of sports and recreation.
Advanced Practitioner/Provider, Nursing, Other Patient Care
Nurse Practitioner & Physician Assistant
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.