Why Mayo Clinic
The Research shield at Mayo Clinic is committed to creating a diverse environment and recognizes that diverse research teams make better decisions, are more equipped to solve complex problems and adapt to change, and produce better outcomes. That diversity is about opening up to unconventional ideas that create better outcomes, while recognizing colleagues' unique contributions. Become part of the legacy that embraces these differences and enables us to provide the best care to patients from all over the world.
Under general supervision and guidance:
- The Research Analyst/Programmer is responsible for implementing moderately complex scientific algorithms and software in support of the research lab.
- Contributes to the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of custom software, or the installation and maintenance of purchased software systems.
- Contributes to implementing technology-driven research by converting novel scientific algorithms to usable software.
- May contribute to the research and development of new scientific algorithms under the leadership of the principal investigator, lab supervisor, and team leads.
- Produce documentation such as systems requirements, designs, plans, and standard operating procedures as requested by the work unit leadership.
- Work will be reviewed for quality, timeliness, and adequacy at predetermined milestones.
- Software Architect: This person will own the ongoing design and development of our Graphical Programming Interface (GPI) software project for algorithm design (www.gpilab.com & github.com/gpilab), which we plan to greatly expand. They will also aid in the design of a new MR Scanner user interface and building software tools such as parallelization frameworks suitable in our environment.
- Artificial Intelligence: We are building a new program and a new team to develop AI methods in medical imaging to complement our current work. The successful candidate will have many opportunities to work with this team on development of new algorithms and supporting software for clinical implementation.
- Code, Algorithm, and Platform Optimization: This person will contribute to general MR research and method development, code optimization and possibly code translation to GPU.
- Bachelors degree in computer science, information systems, mathematics, engineering or related field. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of system design principles, software development methodologies, and computer programming.
- Ability to take responsibility and accountability for own activities.
- Possesses ability to multi-task & prioritize issues appropriately.
- Must possess human relations skills to interact with a variety of personnel.
- Evidence of strong communication & organizational skills.
- Experience in the particular type of research/development performed by the lab.
- Master’s Degree in computer engineering, computer science, or similar field desirable, although strong candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree will also be considered.
- Experience and/or training in many of the following areas: software architecture design, development of libraries/frameworks for (e.g.) parallel programming, GPU coding (Cuda or other), signal processing, AI software such as TensorFlow or PyTorch, integration of open-source packages such as pyqt, experience and management of GIT repositories.
- Coding languages in the lab are primarily C/C++ and python, with applications on Linux, MacOS, and Windows platforms.
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. The minimum salary every 2 weeks is approx $2,861.60, based on a full-time position.
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.
Clinical Labs and Research
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.