Why Mayo Clinic
You are invited to partner with the nation's best hospital (U.S. News & World Report, 2020-2021), ranked #1 in more specialties than any other care provider. Our multi-disciplinary group practice focuses on providing high quality, compassionate medical care. We are the largest integrated, not-for-profit medical group practice in the world with approximately 4,800 physicians and scientists across all locations working in a unique environment that brings together the best in patient care, groundbreaking research and innovative medical education. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and exceptional benefits.
Mayo Clinic is searching for an innovative leader to serve as the Chair of its world class Department of Radiation Oncology at its academic medical center in Jacksonville, Florida. Mayo Clinic founders provided the vision of distinction and passion for innovative thinking and excellence which established Mayo's legacy.
Mayo Clinic in Florida continues expanding on our tradition of delivering innovative new generations of care, and cancer is a top priority. In the next five years, we will invest in the people and infrastructure to accelerate our ability to bring novel therapeutics and diagnostics to cancer patients. This investment will include the first carbon ion clinical treatment facility in North America. The facility will be part of a new integrated oncology facility on our campus in Jacksonville, Florida that will offer a unique range of cancer treatments. The building starts construction next year and will offer the most advanced form of proton beam therapy; conventional (x-ray) radiotherapy; chemotherapy and immunotherapy; as well as carbon ion therapy. This investment will support making Mayo Clinic and our Florida campus a comprehensive destination for novel cancer therapeutics for people across the Southeast and the world.
The Department Chair of Radiation Oncology will be accountable for driving innovation through innovative treatment modalities, capitalizing on technology, advancing progressive research, and educating future radiation oncology physicians. She/he will be responsible for achieving exceptional patient outcomes, financial and growth objectives in addition to actively recruiting and retaining top talent to advance Mayo’s mission.
· Invigorating vision and strategy to innovate and grow the Department of Radiation Oncology
· Prioritize business strategies to position the department for the future
· Drive innovation across Practice, Education, and Research
· Foster collaboration across the organization to provide the best patient outcomes
· Effective management
· Recruit top tier staff to sustain Mayo Clinic’s vision of being the most trusted partner in healthcare
· Ability to partner with national and international collaborators to propel Mayo Clinic forward in providing novel treatment options for cancer patients.
Ideal Candidate Profile
· Board certified in Radiation Oncology
· Academic rank of Professor is preferred but not required
· Evidence of continued academic and scholarly activity
· Proven successful leader
· Strong understanding of the clinical practice
· On-going transformational practice innovation
· Adept at mentoring junior staff
· Ability to build relationships and networks globally
· Recognized as an expert in their field
· This is a leadership position which requires the ability to effectively develop others, recruit and retain talent and have an understanding/appreciation for creating and supporting diverse teams.
Inquiries can be sent to Marissa Anderson, Physician Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include CV, letter of interest and three (3) letters of recommendation with your application.
Jacksonville is the largest city in area in the continental United States. A beautiful coastal Florida city that features excellent year-round climate, over 20 miles of beaches and outstanding outdoor recreational, cultural and family-oriented amenities. The “River City by the Sea” has an excellent school system, reasonable cost of living and a thriving business environment. Medical professionals and patients are drawn to Jacksonville by an extraordinary network of high-profile healthcare facilities. Jacksonville continues to grow as more people relocate from all over the U.S. and abroad, to see what the great River City has to offer!
Physicians & Scientists
All Physicians Specialties
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.