Why Mayo Clinic
A scanned copy of your transcript must be attached to your profile to be considered.
Must be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, refugee or asylee.
The Graduate Research Experience Program (GREP) is a post-baccalaureate program for participants with an interest in biomedical research. The primary purpose of GREP is to provide a post-baccalaureate laboratory research experience that applies skills in science, technology, engineering or math to biomedical research including basic science or translational research. GREP participants gain research experience that may help them to decide on a career path related to biomedical research. In addition, the experience can increase the participants’ competitiveness and preparation for the next step in their career. These goals are achieved by providing:
*The purpose of this posting is to develop a pool of candidates for possible future openings. *
- A mentored research experience in a world-class biomedical research laboratory
- Opportunities to participate in selected graduate classes and seminars
- Career development, mentoring and networking opportunities
- Presentation opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong background in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math
- Interest in biomedical research as a career
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Authorization to work and remain in the United States, without necessity for Mayo Clinic sponsorship now, or in the future (for example, be a U.S. citizen, national, or permanent resident, refugee or asylee).
- A current transcript submission required - unofficial transcripts will be accepted
- 1-2 sentence statement of research interest
Students that do not meet these criteria do not qualify.
**Applicants who are currently in Graduate or Medical School are not eligible**
GREP positions are paid by the hiring investigator/lab through their extramural or intramural funds. This position has a predetermined rate of $14.50 per hour.
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.
Clinical Labs and Research
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
Mayo Clinic is an equal opportunity educator and employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).