Management Engineering & Internal Consulting, Mayo Clinic’s internal business consulting and management engineering team, has a Health Systems Engineer position currently open and is looking for you to join a team that actively seeks out and shares best practices, invests in your professional development, and offers unique opportunities for career growth. You will be given the creative freedom to find solutions to solve complex issues in health care. You will be challenged and intellectually stimulated while working alongside some of the most brilliant professionals in health care. You will find meaning in your work by making a difference in the lives of patients who come to Mayo Clinic for hope and healing. A Health Systems Engineer provides end-to-end strategic business consulting and management engineering services at various levels of the Mayo Clinic organization, from departments and divisions to governance committees at an enterprise, site and region level. A Health Systems Engineer should:
- Possess knowledge and demonstrate use of business consulting, analytics and business intelligence, management engineering and operations research methodologies and tools.
- Understand principles associated with strategy and planning, execution and sustainability, transformation, integration and convergence, and revenue enhancement and expense reduction and apply these with minimal guidance in project work.
- Perform business case analysis and feasibility, including the examination of costs, benefits, and risks associated with the proposed investment or project. Recommend alternatives for solutions and highlight strategic implications.
- Have experience applying process and systems engineering, analytics and operations research methods at every phase of a project (defining client needs and required functionality, documenting requirements, and design synthesis and system validation). Consider both the business and the technical needs of all stakeholders with the goal of providing a high quality product that meets the client needs.
- Be comfortable clarifying and evaluating the feasibility of a project’s scope, goals, deliverables and milestones. Coordinate with the client to assure readiness for efficient and effective team engagement and utilization of ME&IC services.
- Have experience identifying, recommending, and implementing transformation, including new staffing models, organizational structure, throughput, work flow, and skill/task alignment.
- Have experience with data analysis, applied analytics, development of findings and recommendations, and presentation of solutions and deliverables.