Why Mayo Clinic
You bring unique insight into the experiences of so many patients, colleagues and members of our community. At Mayo Clinic, our diverse workforce encompasses more viewpoints, thoughts, and ideas to help solve the many challenges of today's health care environment.
The Senior Business Relationship Director (Sr. BRD) for Platform/Digital is a strategic advisor to those Mayo Clinic business areas on technology issues and serves as a liaison from those groups to the Department of IT to assure that Platform/Digital business goals are achieved.
The Mayo Clinic Platform is a portfolio of digital initiatives focused on transforming health care by using artificial intelligence and collaborating with partners. The Mayo Clinic Center for Digital Health is responsible for advancing Mayo’s digital strategy, including patient experience, telehealth, data and analytics, artificial intelligence/machine learning, and other related capabilities.
The Senior Business Relationship Director will collaborate with their customers and associated business partners, provide insights and support for technology strategic planning which not only meets the customer’s business needs but also aligns with overall IT strategies, and shares ownership with their customer in the creation and realization of business value derived from IT.
The Senior Business Relationship Director also provides feedback and guidance to IT Services Areas about customer successes and challenges to better help improve IT solution needs and priorities. They also work closely with external parties to help develop, implement, and provide oversight to additional services not part of the Mayo IT service and product portfolio, help establish and monitor service levels and external party service delivery, as well as support business development initiatives.
This position functions in a matrix relationship as is typical at Mayo Clinic. This position is in the Department of IT reporting to the Chief Information Officer with an indirect reporting relationship to the Business Relationship Management Administrator within IT. This position is responsible for the success of Mayo Clinic Platform/Digital. The IT teams responsible for service delivery do not report to the Senior Business Relationship Director, but the Director will act in a lead role as necessary with authority and responsibility to meet Platform/Digital needs and business requirements.
Master's degree in computer science, management information systems, business administration or a related field is required.
Total ten years of leadership experience required. This should be a combination of the following:
Project management experience (PMP certification is highly preferred)
IT operational management experience
Customer domain operational/administrative experience
Other leadership experience, determined to pertain to customer engagement
Experience in digital in healthcare or consumer environments and/or with platform or technology businesses strongly desired.
Experience in commercialization activities strongly preferred.
Relevant overall healthcare industry-specific operational experience required. This includes some level of working knowledge of clinic and hospital operations, and a level of proficiency with operations working knowledge for specific customer areas (clinical or administrative) which would ideally be related to the BRD position being hired.
- Relationship-building capability with customers and key stakeholders at all levels (primary focus: customer senior executives, including administrative, and additionally, key operational leadership).
- Ability to establish credibility and relevance with key physician, clinical and administrative leadership. Additionally, ability to apply similar skills to added dynamic of vendors and other external party relationships.
- Ability to demonstrate acumen in business and function discipline of customer area of responsibility: strong command of the customer's industry, and pertinent application domain knowledge
- Strategic thinking and ability to map organizational visions.
- Ability to understand and integrate business/clinical strategies and trends in technology to deliver value.
- Solid understanding of IT, HR and finance asset concepts and processes.
- Ability to negotiate conflict and problem-solving. (at executive leadership level)
- Very strong communication skills that effectively transcend both business and technical domains, and clearly can summarize needs from both domains.
- Knowledge of product management concepts, as this continues to mature across Mayo Clinic.
- Ability to navigate Mayo IT and customer, vendor, and external party governance and approval processes.
- Ability to exhibit a high degree of decision making capability, and work independently, sometimes with minimal direction.
- Ability to prepare executive/senior leadership communications
- Proficiency with Mayo ITSM and Service Operations, to effectively ensure similar processes and monitoring capabilities with external parties
- Understanding of Business Development practices, including the overall business development lifecycle, from forecasting, finances, engagement of Mayo IT for specific supporting activities, and professional acumen to effectively participate in business development activities with Mayo prospective external parties and business partners.
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. The minimum salary every 2 weeks is approx $6,743.00, based on a full-time position.
M-F, day shift. This position will work remotely, though would preferably be located at or near the Rochester, MN campus. 25-50% on-campus presence is anticipated, and some travel will be required.
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.
IT and Engineering
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.