Why Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is the nation's best hospital (U.S. News & World Report, 2020-2021) and ranked #1 in more specialties than any other care provider. We have a vast array of opportunities ranging from Nursing, Clinical, to Finance, IT, Administrative, Research and Support Services to name a few. Across all locations, you’ll find career opportunities that support diversity, equity and inclusion. At Mayo Clinic, we invest in you with opportunities for growth and development and our benefits and compensation package are highly competitive. We invite you to be a part of our team where you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect, and most importantly, a life-changing career!
The licensed practical nurse (LPN) or Medical Assistant (MA):
• Provides nursing care to assigned patients under the direct supervision of the registered nurse (RN) or other assigned supervisor and accepts delegation from the RN/assigned supervisor in meeting the needs of the patient/family.
• Collects data through observation and communicates information to assist the RN and/or provider in patient assessment and care planning.
• Participates as a member of the health care team and accepts delegation from the RN/assigned supervisor and provider in meeting needs of the patient/family.
• Delivers care in accordance with the patient care plan, policies and procedures of the organization and principles of relationship-based care.
• Possesses excellent communication skills; is skillful in mentoring and teaching; and participates on committees or projects.
•Student or Graduate of a Practical Nursing or Medical Assistant program
•If a Medical Assistant, a High School Diploma or GED is also required
•If graduation did not occur within the last two years, one year of LPN or MA experience working in an applicable setting is required.
License or certification
If a Practical Nurse, a current MN LPN license is required.
If a Medical Assistant, certification is preferred but not required.
Maintains BLS (Basic Life Support) for Health Care Providers from one of the following programs:
1. American Heart Association
2. American Red Cross
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended.
Monday through Friday Clinic Day Shift; 1/2 day off per week
Will work in both Owatonna and Faribault based on need.
Not applicable at this time.
Faribault, Minnesota is a vibrant community of over 23,000 people, regarded as one of the most historic cities in Minnesota. Located just 50 miles west of Rochester, MN and 40 miles south of Minneapolis/St. Paul, Faribault is home to numerous light industrial and small retail businesses. Faribault has first rate public and private school systems, including the nationally recognized Shattuck-Saint Mary's boarding school.
Licensed Practical Nursing
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
Mayo Clinic is an equal opportunity educator and employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).