Why Mayo Clinic
Join our team for an opportunity to grow professionally in your career! We invest in you. At Mayo Clinic, you will experience:
- The highest quality patient care by placing the needs of the patient first
- A culture of teamwork, professionalism, and mutual respect
- Continuing Education opportunities
- Institutional Membership through ASET
- Competitive benefits. Highlights include tuition reimbursement, a pension plan plus a 403(b) with employer match, and relocation benefits.
- Want to know more? Contact Kjersten Jimison at 507-538-8163 or email@example.com.
A Neurophysiology Technologist is responsible for providing accurate, high quality neurodiagnostic testing. This particular Neurophysiology Technologist II position will supplement work in EMG lab primarily in the Scottsdale campus, performing nerve conduction velocity (NCV) studies, Evoked potentials, and could be trained to cover other outpatient modalities such as Autonomic Reflex Screen testing (ARS), EEG, Quantitative Sensory Testing (QST). This position could potentially cross cover campuses (Phoenix and Scottsdale). This position may be required to participate in the EEG call rotation.
- Completion of formal NDT education from an educational institution in coordination with a hospital and three (3) years of Neurodiagnostics experience, which includes previous clinical experience while attending a CAAHEP accredited NDT program or formal NTD education program;
- Or, Graduate from a CAAHEP accredited NDT program and three (3) years of Neurodiagnostics experience, which includes previous clinical experience while attending a CAAHEP accredited NDT program or formal NTD education program;
- OR, Associate’s degree in Neurodiagnostics from an accredited college or university with three (3) years of experience in Neurodiagnostics, which includes previous clinical experience while attending a CAAHEP accredited NDT program or formal NTD education program;
- OR, Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of three (3) years of Neurodiagnostics experience.
- EMG experience required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span.
- Demonstrated ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and appropriately interpret information relative to the patient's age-specific needs.
- Obtaining additional credentials is strongly encouraged and preferred.
License or certification
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification is required upon hire and must be valid for 90 days or greater from start date. Maintains Basic Life Support (BLS) Competency.
- Must be registered in one of the following based upon scope of work: REEGT, RNCST, CNCT, REPT or CAP. For candidates that have an Associate’s degree or formally educated candidates, designated registration must be obtained within 24 months from date of hire. Possession of more than one credential is preferred.
- CNCT or RNCST registration preferred.
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. The minimum pay rate is $26.60 per hour.
Hours / Pay period
This position will supplement work in EMG lab primarily in the Scottsdale campus, performing nerve conduction velocity (NCV) studies, Evoked potentials, and could be trained to cover other outpatient modalities such as Autonomic Reflex Screen testing (ARS), EEG, Quantitative Sensory Testing (QST). This position could potentially cross cover campuses (Phoenix and Scottsdale).
May participate of weekend EEG call rotation if credentialed in EEG
Over the next four years, Mayo Clinic is making significant investments in both the physical and technological future of health care, through doubling the size of the Mayo Clinic campus in Phoenix, inclusive of practice, education, and research activities. Mayo Clinic's campuses in Arizona are located in Phoenix and Scottsdale, in the beautiful Sonoran Desert. The region is known as the Valley of the Sun, a metropolitan area with more than 4 million residents in 25 cities and towns.
With Phoenix being the sixth largest city in the nation, this sunny "desert metropolis" offers the amenities of a big city in the midst of a strikingly beautiful, rugged, southwest landscape.
Scottsdale frequently earns praise as a highly desirable place to live. The city's more than 200,000 residents enjoy a vibrant mix of culinary hot spots, arts and entertainment, professional and collegiate sports teams, and community resources. The region's desert climate promotes an outdoor lifestyle with a full complement of sports and recreation.
Clinical Labs and Research, Other Patient Care
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.