Why Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic in Arizona has an exciting full-time opportunity for either a Nurse Practitioner or a Physician Assistant to join our Bone Marrow Transplant Program team.
- Collaborates with referring physicians to provide comprehensive, seamless care to patients.
- Performs comprehensive histories and physical exams, identify normal and abnormal findings, including physical, cognitive and psychosocial status.
- Partners with providers to plan and implement therapeutic regiments including nursing and medical management strategies.
- Establishes systematic follow-up for evaluation of the plan of care and reassess as necessary.
- Assures family and patient teaching is adequate to manage the illness or wellness plan at home.
For the Nurse Practitioner or the Physician Assistant to satisfy the Level II Requirements, two to four of the following must be met:
- Spend at least 50% of days based at the hospital (rounds, service, or shift work)
- Performs specialized procedure(s)
- Provides evals and consults with indirect supervision at least 50% of days worked
- Provides weekend/holiday service
- Nurse Practitioner: Must be an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner and a graduate of an accredited university. Master of Science in Nursing required. Must be licensed or eligible to practice as an ACNP in the State of Arizona. Must have national certification.
- Physician Assistant: Must be a graduate of an accredited university. NCCPA certification required. Must be licensed/certified or eligible to practice as PA in the State of Arizona
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Flexibility to adjust schedule to meet patient and staff needs.
- Ability to manage time and stress effectively and adapt to unpredictable situations within the patient care setting.
- Two to five years of clinical experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills in an Electronic Medical Record preferred.
- Must attest to ability to care for adolescent patients.
License or certification
- Current RN license, Advanced Practice Certificate, and Prescribing and Dispensing Certificate in Arizona.
- Certification as nurse practitioner by an approved certifying organization.
- BLS and ACLS credential is required upon hire and must be valid for 90 days or greater from start date.
- Maintains BLS/ACLS competency.
- Must provide evidence of application for DEA certificate upon hire, obtain DEA certificate within 90 days of hire, and maintain certificate thereafter unless waived by department/division.
- Maintains specialty certification as required for specific areas
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended.
- call requirements: only between 6am - 6pm
Mayo Clinic's campuses in Arizona are located in Phoenix and Scottsdale, in the beautiful Sonoran Desert. The region is known as the Valley of the Sun, a metropolitan area with more than 4 million residents in 25 cities and towns.
With Phoenix being the sixth largest city in the nation, this sunny "desert metropolis" offers the amenities of a big city in the midst of a strikingly beautiful, rugged, southwest landscape.
Scottsdale frequently earns praise as a highly desirable place to live. The city's more than 200,000 residents enjoy a vibrant mix of culinary hot spots, arts and entertainment, professional and collegiate sports teams, and community resources. The region's desert climate promotes an outdoor lifestyle with a full complement of sports and recreation.
Advanced Practitioner/Provider, Nursing
Nurse Practitioner & Physician Assistant
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
Mayo Clinic is an equal opportunity educator and employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).