Why Mayo Clinic
|Our multi-disciplinary group practice focuses on providing high quality, compassionate medical care. When you join the largest integrated, not-for-profit medical group practice in the world, you'll work alongside approximately 3,800 physicians/scientists and 1,600 Nurse Practitioners/Physician Assistants across all locations in a unique environment that brings together the best in patient care, groundbreaking research and innovative medical education.|
NP / PA will work collaboratively with Interventional Radiologists and interact with referring physicians, nurses, and other allied health staff to provide all aspects of high-quality patient care in a dynamic Vascular Interventional Radiology practice that includes hospital inpatient, hospital outpatient, and clinic settings on the St Mary’s and Methodist campuses. NP / PA will be mentored closely by 1-2 VIR Consultants but will provide support to the VIR division at large. Practice is currently supported by three Advance Practice Providers and responsibilities will be shared.
The NP / PA will manage the VIR Inpatient’s during the day.
- Admitting VIR patients to the appropriate service post procedure as needed
- Ordering VIR post procedural divisional orders, procedures and tests
- Rounding daily on patient’s admitted to the hospital and
- Dictating Daily Progress notes.
- Prescribing home-going medications, as appropriate
- Coordinating appropriate discharge follow-up studies and test
NP / PA will help streamline the Procedural process, including activities such as:
Independent and/or cooperative Outpatient Clinic
- Updating history and physical exam
- Obtaining consents
- Caring for patients in Pre- and Post-Procedural areas
- Discharging outpatients after procedures and ensuring appropriate follow up
- Chest tube removal
- Tunneled PICC removal
- Tunneled Dialysis Catheter removal
- Temporary Dialysis catheter removal
- Central venous catheter removal
Potential Exists for the Development of VIR Inpatient Consulting Service
- Pre-procedure consultation and evaluation
- Determining appropriateness of procedure
- Pre-procedure orders, H&P, consents
- Assist in the coordination of scheduling procedures
Assigned MD and NP / PA will manage the VIR Inpatient Consulting Service during the day, including:
- Patients to be seen, evaluated, history reviewed, complete H&P and discuss recommendations to the referring service.
- Coordinating the scheduling of procedures
- Ordering appropriate pre-procedure orders, imaging and tests
Masters prepared graduate of an accredited school of nursing and nurse practitioner program. Current Minnesota RN and APRN license and certified as an FNP, ANP or ACNP; or
Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program with current PA certification by the NCCPA and registration as a PA by the Minnesota State Board of Medical Practice.
The NP / PA must be eligible for DEA registration.
Strong written and oral communication skills are required and must have demonstrated skill in working collaboratively with all members of the healthcare team.
**To be considered for this position please submit resume and 2 letters of reference.**
Mayo Clinic please attach 3 most recent performance evaluations to online application to be considered for this position.
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended.
0700-1700 Monday through Friday
No weekends, holidays, or call.
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.
Nurse Practitioner & Physician Assistant
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
Mayo Clinic is an equal opportunity educator and employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).