Psychiatry & Psychology
Provides specific psychological services, including evaluation and assessment, cognitive-behavioral therapy, education, consultation, research and other psychological services to individuals, families and groups. Collaborates with multidisciplinary team, complies with required standards for medical/legal responsibilities, and serves as a resource to other allied health and administrative staff within the Department of Psychiatry and Psychology.
Master's degree in psychology or counseling from an accredited college or university required.
* Must have strong communication and human relation skills to carry out duties and to interact with patients and a variety of people at different levels within the institution.
* Public speaking skills are essential to conduct effective lectures, workshops and in-service training programs.
* Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in use of word processing, statistical, database and clinical programs are required.
* Must be willing to work additional hours as needed to fulfill position requirements.
* Training in cognitive and behavioral therapy preferred.
License or certification
Current Arizona licensure as a Licensed Independent Substance Abuse Counselor (LISAC) required plus one of the following: LCSW, LMSW, LPC or LMFT.
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. The minimum salary every 2 weeks is approx $2,723.20 based on a full-time position.
Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm. Position may be assigned to work on either the Scottsdale or Phoenix campus based on departmental needs.
Mayo Clinic's campuses in Arizona are located in Phoenix and Scottsdale, in the beautiful Sonoran Desert. The region is known as the Valley of the Sun, a metropolitan area with more than 4 million residents in 25 cities and towns.
With Phoenix being the sixth largest city in the nation, this sunny "desert metropolis" offers the amenities of a big city in the midst of a strikingly beautiful, rugged, southwest landscape.
Scottsdale frequently earns praise as a highly desirable place to live. The city's more than 200,000 residents enjoy a vibrant mix of culinary hot spots, arts and entertainment, professional and collegiate sports teams, and community resources. The region's desert climate promotes an outdoor lifestyle with a full complement of sports and recreation.
Other Patient Care
Psychology & Psychiatric
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
Mayo Clinic is an equal opportunity educator and employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).