A post-doctoral position is available immediately at the Pain Medicine Basic Research Laboratory at Mayo Clinic in Florida. This one-year renewable position will be focused on developing pre-clinical animal models to study stem cells and platelet rich plasma innovative technologies for regenerative medicine centered - but not restricted - to spinal cord and tissue injury. The laboratory is seeking a highly motivated individual with a solid background in translational research and laboratory expertise. The successful candidate will be a self-driven scientist, enjoying challenging research projects in a supportive multidisciplinary environment, and working in a timely fashion with team members. Enjoyment of team science is essential, along with strong communication and presentation skills in English. Proof of written English skills will also be required. Investigation will be conducted in vivo in rodents, multiple human tissues, biofluids, and cells. The in-depth knowledge of in vivo techniques involving rodent models and major in vitro biochemistry and genetics techniques such as RNAseq are mandatory.
A Research Fellow at Mayo Clinic is a temporary position intended to provide training and education in research. Individuals will train in the research program of a Mayo Clinic principal investigator. Qualified individuals will demonstrate the potential for research as evidenced by their training and peer-reviewed publications and should become competitive for national research grants. Proof of English proficiency is required for J-1 Short-Term Scholars, Research Scholars, Professors, Specialists, and Student Interns sponsored by Mayo Clinic.
Please attach the following required documents at the time of application:
- Current curriculum vitae and bibliography
- Three letters of recommendation, signed, on letterhead, describing:
- Relationship to the applicant.
- Past work/academic performance.
- Work qualities/personal conduct.
- Overall assessment of potential for success in research environment.
- Doctoral degree certification (original or notarized copy of diploma or final transcript issued by school - English translation required).
Must have a Ph.D., M.D., or equivalent doctoral degree in a field deemed relevant by the program. Research Fellow is appropriate for individuals who have completed no more than one prior postdoctoral fellowship, at Mayo Clinic or elsewhere.
The candidate will also be expected to write manuscripts reporting research findings, originate new, related, or follow-up research projects, and to originate/participate in grant/ funding proposals writing to support the lab.
- Candidates must have a Ph.D. or M.D./Ph.D. degree in Biological Sciences and have at least two-year research experiences in the genetics and/or cell biology field. An individual with an M.D. degree with strong laboratory based postdoctoral experience will also be considered.
- Proficiency in in vivo techniques involving rodent models including administering drug treatment, conducting behavior studies, small surgeries, rodent CT imaging, collecting tissues and biofluids for analyses.
- Proficiency in immunohistochemistry, imaging techniques including fluorescence and confocal microscopy, and data analysis.
- Basic cell biology techniques including ELISA, SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, PCR, RT-PCR and other basic assays. Familiarity with electron microscopy is an advantage.
- Proficiency in basic cell culture techniques. Experience with stem cells cultures is an advantage.
- Experience with animal surgery using a stereotaxic device.
Jacksonville is the largest city in area in the continental United States. A beautiful coastal Florida city that features excellent year-round climate, over 20 miles of beaches and outstanding outdoor recreational, cultural and family-oriented amenities. The “River City by the Sea” has an excellent school system, reasonable cost of living and a thriving business environment. Medical professionals and patients are drawn to Jacksonville by an extraordinary network of high-profile healthcare facilities. Jacksonville continues to grow as more people relocate from all over the U.S. and abroad, to see what the great River City has to offer!
Postdoc & Temporary Research
Post Doctoral Research
Job posting number