Physiology & Biomedical Engineering
Why Mayo Clinic
The Research shield at Mayo Clinic is committed to creating a diverse environment and recognizes that diverse research teams make better decisions, are more equipped to solve complex problems and adapt to change, and produce better outcomes. That diversity is about opening up to unconventional ideas that create better outcomes, while recognizing colleagues' unique contributions. Become part of the legacy that embraces these differences and enables us to provide the best care to patients from all over the world.
The Biomaterials and Regenerative Medicine Laboratory at Mayo Clinic has an immediate opening for a postdoctoral research fellow position in Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering.
- Will work on NIH and Mayo Foundation funded research projects to synthesize novel polymeric biomaterials for bone tissue engineering.
- The fellow must have polymer synthesis skills to synthesize and characterize biomaterials with desired properties for bone tissue engineering applications.
- The fellow will work with bone cells or stem cells and conduct protein and gene analyses to identify key factors influencing cell-scaffold interactions and cellular differentiation.
- Further evaluation of the bone constructs in small animal models will be performed to optimize the bone constructs.
- The fellow will work within a multidisciplinary team of polymer chemists, biomedical engineers, mechanical engineers, and clinicians.
- The candidate is expected to publish results in high quality, peer-reviewed journals as part of the successful completion of the fellowship.
Candidates should hold a Ph.D. degree in chemistry, materials science/engineering, or biomedical engineering, and have a demonstrated record of relevant research accomplishments as evidenced by their training and publications. Candidates should have extensive experience in polymer synthesis and characterization. Additional experience in cell culture, protein assays, gene analysis is preferred. Must be highly motivated and have good communication skills to work within a multidisciplinary team.
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.
Postdoc & Temporary Research
Post Doctoral Research
Job posting number