Molecular Pharmacology & Experimental Therapeutics
A postdoctoral fellow position is available in the Epigenetic Etiology of Human Disease Laboratory.
The successful candidate will:
Experience in one or more of these areas is a plus. The candidate will play a major role in the preparation of manuscripts that arise from this work and devote 100% effort to these tasks (no patient contact or other responsibilities).
- Study the role of DNA epigenetic modifications in human disease.
- Examine how DNA methylating and hydroxymethylating enzymes regulate their respective DNA epigenetic modifications.
- Study how the marks regulate expression and genome stability, and interface with other epigenetic modifications.
- Disease focus area of the laboratory include cancer (hepatocellular and renal), obesity, and diabetes.
- Specific research areas include application of genome-wide epigenomics methods to decipher DNA methylation/hydroxymethylation defects in cancer and biochemical/cell culture-based techniques to study the regulation and interactions between chromatin remodeling factors (e.g. DNMTs, TETs, HMTases).
- Techniques commonly used in the laboratory include: quantitative RT-PCR, western blotting, tissue culture, transfections, bisulfite sequencing, pyrosequencing, ChIP-qPCR, ChIP-seq, next-gen library preparation and sequencing, Infinium 450k arrays, bioinformatics analysis, and biochemical analysis of protein function.
A Research Fellow at Mayo Clinic is a temporary position intended to provide training and education in research. Individuals will train in the research program of a Mayo Clinic principal investigator. Qualified individuals will demonstrate the potential for research as evidenced by their training and peer-reviewed publications and should become competitive for national research grants. Proof of English proficiency is required for J-1 Short-Term Scholars, Research Scholars, Professors, Specialists, and Student Interns sponsored by Mayo Clinic.
Must have a Ph.D., M.D., or equivalent doctoral degree in a field deemed relevant by the program. Research Fellow is appropriate for individuals who have completed no more than one prior postdoctoral fellowship, at Mayo Clinic or elsewhere.
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.
Postdoc & Temporary Research
Post Doctoral Research
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.