Postdoctoral positions are available for eligible candidates with training in statistical genetics/statistics, programming/machine learning, data science and statistics.
- Our laboratory focuses on genomic studies of cardiovascular traits and implementation of genomics into clinical practice.
- The approaches we use include; genome and exome-wide association studies using high-density SNP arrays (common variants as well as rare variants), whole exome/genome sequencing in families with cardiovascular disease, Phenome wide association studies (PheWAS), variant annotation and electronic phenotyping algorithms.
- Our laboratory is part of a large-scale translational genomics initiative, the eMERGE network (http://www.gwas.net) established by the National Human Genome Research Institute and has access to large genotyping and sequencing datasets.
- The candidate should be able to analyze such data and have a Ph.D., M.D., or equivalent doctoral degree in biostatistics, statistics/statistical genetics or data science.
- The candidate is expected to gain cross-disciplinary training in statistical genetics, genetic epidemiology, bioinformatics and translational genomics.
A Research Fellow at Mayo Clinic is a temporary position intended to provide training and education in research. Individuals will train in the research program of a Mayo Clinic principal investigator. Qualified individuals will demonstrate the potential for research as evidenced by their training and peer-reviewed publications and should become competitive for national research grants. Proof of English proficiency is required for J-1 Short-Term Scholars, Research Scholars, Professors, Specialists, and Student Interns sponsored by Mayo Clinic.
The following is required for completeness of application:
Please also be prepared that you may be asked to provide three letters of recommendation to the hiring PI prior to an interview.
- Current curriculum vitae with bibliography
- Proof of doctoral degree (copy of diploma or final transcript with English translation, if applicable) or a letter from your university's Registrar office indicating you have fulfilled all doctoral program requirements and are eligible to graduate.
Must have a Ph.D., M.D., or equivalent doctoral degree in a field deemed relevant by the program. Research Fellow is appropriate for individuals who have completed no more than one prior postdoctoral fellowship, at Mayo Clinic or elsewhere.
Candidate should have demonstrated abilities performing statistical genetics analyses (GWAS/PheWAS/etc), and coding ability using one or more statistical programing languages (R/SA/etc). Experience with machine learning or artificial intelligence is preferred.
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.
Postdoc & Temporary Research
Post Doctoral Research
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.