Why Mayo Clinic
Innovation and compassion are paramount to providing world-class medical care to patients from all over the world. We lean on the variety of perspectives and backgrounds of our colleagues' to continuously challenge ourselves and to create a workplace that supports diversity, equity, and inclusion. Become part of the legacy that embraces our differences and enables us to provide the best care to patients from all over the world.
The registered nurse (RN) is accountable for the coordination of nursing care, including direct patient care, patient/family education and transitions of care. The RN supports professional nursing practice across practice settings and across the continuum of care to meet the needs of the patient and family. The RN will function within the Mayo Clinic Nursing Professional Practice Model, which includes accountability for planning, implementing, evaluating and communicating all phases of nursing care for assigned patients. The ANA Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice provide a basis for the practice of the RN. The RN provides leadership through activities such as preceptor role, informal leadership roles, and quality improvement efforts. The RN delegates patient care according to skill level, experience, patient acuity, fiscal accountability, and adequacy of resources. The RN possesses excellent communication skills; is skillful in mentoring and teaching; and may participate on committees or projects. A subset of employees may be required to drive their personal vehicle as a part of the responsibility of their role.
Graduate of an accredited, or those in the candidacy process, associate, or diploma nursing program, as recognized by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), National League for Nursing Commission for Nursing Education
Accreditation (NLN CNEA).
All entry-level associate degree registered nurses with a RN start date of April 1, 2020 and after must provide documented evidence of program completion of the baccalaureate degree in nursing from an accredited nursing program within five years from the last day of the month of the RN start date.
One year of RN experience in Progressive Care / Intermediate Care is required.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing (BN) preferred.
- MSN preferred.
- One year RN experience within the last five years preferred.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Computer skills required, prior experience with electronic medical record systems preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours, which may include days, evenings, nights, holidays, and weekends and on-call.
- Ability to adapt to unpredictable situations within the work setting.
- Demonstrated leadership, effective communicator, and excellent critical thinking skills.
- Active and established ACLS Competency required.
- Intermediate or Progressive Care experience preferred.
- Internal applicants are required to attach their three most recent performance appraisals
License or certification
- Current RN licensure from Arizona. Or valid Compact State License with AZ license obtained within 90 days of start date.
- Maintains Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) competency.
- Additional specialty certification/training as required by the work area.
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. The minimum pay rate is $35.77 per hour.
Night shift - working 3 x 12 hour shifts per week ( 7:00 pm to 07:30 am ).
Night shift - working every other Friday and Saturday night (7:00 pm to 07:30 am).
Over the next four years, Mayo Clinic is making significant investments in both the physical and technological future of health care, through doubling the size of the Mayo Clinic campus in Phoenix, inclusive of practice, education, and research activities. Mayo Clinic's campuses in Arizona are located in Phoenix and Scottsdale, in the beautiful Sonoran Desert. The region is known as the Valley of the Sun, a metropolitan area with more than 4 million residents in 25 cities and towns.
With Phoenix being the fifth largest city in the nation, this sunny "desert metropolis" offers the amenities of a big city in the midst of a strikingly beautiful, rugged, southwest landscape.
Scottsdale frequently earns praise as a highly desirable place to live. The city's more than 200,000 residents enjoy a vibrant mix of culinary hot spots, arts and entertainment, professional and collegiate sports teams, and community resources. The region's desert climate promotes an outdoor lifestyle with a full complement of sports and recreation.
Job posting number
Rudy Aros Monarrez
Equal opportunity employer
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.